• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

What’s the alleged problem?
No idea unfortunately, they’ve been rather vague. I have been twice while it has only had either one shoulder working or neither working though. It doesn’t detract from the experience too much on the ride in my opinion but it definitely does while watching it from the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's extremely poor. The fire has been a major part of the ride's marketing and advertising, yet it's hardly worked.

So much for giving Merlin a chance with maintaining effects, some things never change.

At least InvadR has some air to it

Maybe, but (unpopular opinion) airtime doesn't make a coaster good. I would still say Wicker Man has a more interesting layout. Even then though it doesn't hold a candle to the God of Wooden Coasters, Oscars Wacky Taxi.

Edit: Fixed error

Last edited:
I have not been to the park for a while, but I am concerned that WM's throughput remains below 700 per hour for the most part...

This is so unbelievably poor.

I was riding Wodan last week and it was easily getting 500 more than that!

I have not been to the park for a while, but I am concerned that WM's throughput remains below 700 per hour for the most part...

This is so unbelievably poor.

It is also interesting to note that the lap bar issues have not been resolved, and still cause problems almost every other dispatch.

:(

I don't really understand how it seems to be dragging on like this. The lap bars are not adequate, the dispatch times are not adequate, the effects are not operating properly.

It's not good enough - regardless of who's fault it is.

I don't really understand how it seems to be dragging on like this. The lap bars are not adequate, the dispatch times are not adequate, the effects are not operating properly.

It's not good enough - regardless of who's fault it is.

It also seems that the standard has massively deteriorated from when it first opened.

The smoke machines on the inside section, sound tunnels and indeed station seem to have all but vanished. Not to mention the lack of fire. This sounds extremely similar to The Smiler which had all of its smoke effects cut post opening.

RE: Lap bars - this is the most concerning part. This is the only GCI ride, to the best of my knowledge, to suffer such issues. It is quite shocking that this has not been remedied. It is one of the most basic ride systems.

Yeah, comparing the first couple of weeks of operation to now and the quality of effects has certainly been lowered. My first 5 rides had so much smoke in the pre-lift tunnel and around the ride it was hard to see. When the flames went off it cleared the smoke around the statue and looked phenomenal until it was engulfed by smoke again. It added so much to the atmosphere and overall experience in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk