• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

I wouldn't consider it a safety critical modification though, like modifying restraint systems or interlocks
That's what I'm thinking. Doesn't it fall outside the realm of ride and more into surroundings?

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

In the world of maintenance that is classed as a modification.

I wouldn't consider it a safety critical modification though, like modifying restraint systems or interlocks

That's what I'm thinking. Doesn't it fall outside the realm of ride and more into surroundings?
It depends if the modification prevents access/visibility to something, changes the load on a component or indeed, changes the expected behaviour of a component if something failed.

Even if parks mod something (or have it modded on their behalf), they typically don't avoid asking the manufacturer if it's not clear in the manual. Parks have to maintain relationships with manufacturers, even if sometimes they wish they didn't have to.

Wicker Man seemed to be running much better from an operational point of view yesterday. It broke down briefly just before 5pm however this was quickly rectified. It was on a 3 train service all day, the queue moved fairly quickly and I did not notice any restraint issues in the station!

Quite often they were dispatching the train at the earliest time possible. Realistically Wicker Man is going to average out at 800pph I reckon.

:)

Wicker Man seemed to be running much better from an operational point of view yesterday. It broke down briefly just before 5pm however this was quickly rectified. It was on a 3 train service all day, the queue moved fairly quickly and I did not notice any restraint issues in the station!

Quite often they were dispatching the train at the earliest time possible. Realistically Wicker Man is going to average out at 800pph I reckon.

:)
Still no smoke or flames I guess

Going this week every time I have been (twice) it’s either been down or having missing effects

The lack of flames doesnt bother me to be honest - you cant really see them in the daytime anyway. At night would be great to see but given the park closes early most days, you would only get to see them at Scarefest or Fireworks.

Those flame effects they have on some of the lights with the coloured cloth and fans underneath would work just as well I think with some decent lighting on them!!

In the pre pre show holding I see the wall fake candle flames are broken.
Sunday the pre show curtain was broken too. Was stuck open :rolleyes:
They have also cut about a foot off the bottom of the curtain. o_O

Some of those behind scenes staff also used to tell people Stealth & Rita are actually one ride but they decided to split them to make two rides :D

Though obviously rubbish, there is an element of truth behind the story.

Thorpe had been planning a launch coaster for a long time. They wanted a significantly longer ride than Stealth, featuring the iconic top hat, followed by a lengthier section which would have been similar to Rita. Space and cost were obvious issues there though.

Towers needed a new big coaster, and Tussauds had the link at the time with Intamin. They could then squeeze a layout into the space, et Voila.

Rita's layout was never what was meant to follow Stealth's top hat. Of course that's rubbish. But it's a nice story to tell on VIP experiences, if it does skirt round some of the ins and outs of the truth.

People keep pulling on the curtain which in turn stops it working.

And Merlin Magic Making didn’t think people would pull on it :rolleyes:

Makes me laugh the way people rush in there and stand behind it and only when it starts up do they realise they’ve stood in wrong place. Of course some don’t care as they want front row on the ride.

The host always tell people to push forward move closer. Even tho there’s loads of space at the back. They didn’t think it through when they designed the preshow. 80% of the people can’t see it :eek:
I'm guessing you're being sarcastic with 80% can't see it. I've stood in there in various places and always been able to see it as had everyone else each time. It's only the first few at the very front who stand practically underneath the curtain who believe that they will get front row (or choice of rows) if they are at the front of the preshow. Which of course is rarely the case.

Though obviously rubbish, there is an element of truth behind the story.

Thorpe had been planning a launch coaster for a long time. They wanted a significantly longer ride than Stealth, featuring the iconic top hat, followed by a lengthier section which would have been similar to Rita. Space and cost were obvious issues there though.

Actually, Stealth was originally envisioned as a direct clone of XLR8R at Knotts. The layout was on initial planning documents at the time.

xcelerator01.jpg

Think Xcelerator was on the plans as an indicator rather than the actual finalised design...

Wicker Man's pre-show isn't that badly designed, Baron 1898 has some similar design issues in terms of visual area should you be at the entrance of the room where all the things happen...