• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

World Record Attempt

charlielfc27

TS Member
Hi Guys, I’ve just rewatched Jack Silkstones video riding The Smiler all day. And it got me thinking about what the record for most rides on The Smiler in one day is and if it’s something I could have a go at beating.

I’ve done some research and have yet been unable to find the record. I know Lift Hills and Thrills has the nemesis record at 63 but couldn’t find a smiler record. Any help would be very much appreciated

Hi Guys, I’ve just rewatched Jack Silkstones video riding The Smiler all day. And it got me thinking about what the record for most rides on The Smiler in one day is and if it’s something I could have a go at beating.

I’ve done some research and have yet been unable to find the record. I know Lift Hills and Thrills has the nemesis record at 63 but couldn’t find a smiler record. Any help would be very much appreciated

Fairly sure the record is held by @Ethan 😂

There was a guy called Paul Jones who was obsessed with it in the opening year or two. Can't remember the figure but he had the record at one time at least. He was using single rider on a weekday when you could actually catch a real quiet day and an almost empty single rider queue. I doubt anyone has beaten him without use of fastrack or ride ops letting them not queue in some other way. You'll find him on FB if you ask on the Alton pages about him and the Smiler record. He now walks with a stick and doesn't ride much anymore. Not sure if related to riding Smiler too much :tearsofjoy:

You're going to end up with brain damage doing this

Someone actually beat the LHAT record but used RAP (not via normal queue) can't remember what their number was but I'm pretty sure it was less than 70