• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wyvern - RCT3 Wing Coaster

JAMMY_Jaunts

TS Member
Hi all! I've recently finished my exams and wanted to make something in RCT3. However, I wanted this to be the most realistic coaster I can possibly do. Also, I am in love with the Nightflight CTR so what better than to combine the two. This coaster will include fire effects and water skims in order to enhance the realism.

Wyvern is a mythological medieval creature with reptilian scales and giant, demonic wings. It swoops over peasant villages terrorising the inhabitants before choosing it's prey.

Here is the first screenshot with plenty more to come.

Shot0009_zps61506ef4.png

P.S. What do you think of the colours?

JAMMYD778

Looks good from that screenshot! If youre going for a medieval theme, why not choose some more earthy colours? Brown, green, black etc. Lovely support work I might add on that first swooping drop!

Maybe you could have the top of the lift hill enclosed in the top of a medieval tower, or maybe have the station like a cave, in keeping with the dragon theme.

I look forward to seeing more of this coaster, your coasters never fail to impress!

:)

I can't really judge the colour scheme without seeing everything else around it but what I can see looks great :D

I really look forward to seeing more of this.

Thanks to the both of you :). I have decided to change the colour of the supports to a light brown as suggested.

More pics!

Shot0011_zps0dfe52f8.png

Shot0014_zpscb4db60b.png

Shot0016_zps0ce6af7f.png

Feel free to comment! :twirly:

JAMMYD778

Coaster looks impressive! Nice layout and support work. Deffinately realistic! ;)

I think the train needs a little more colour though, as if its the same colour as the supports, its a little bland. Adding some green to the car would make a nice contrast, but still not look out of place. I see you've got some trenches that the coaster travels through. Are you thinking of enclosing these?

If you use some rocks to make a cave like structure, or a medieval looking structure over it, it could create a good head-chopper effect which always works well on this type of coaster.

I take it the scenery is next. Can't wait to see what you do with it. If you can match the level of theming on that haloween coaster a while back, this should be some impressive coaster!

:)

Those last two shots are immense. The supporting is really nice, especially with the new B&M connectors. Pretty much my only criticism is to turn on reflective water! I bet that 90 banked turn would look ace with the reflection. Like Blizzard I'm hoping to see a lot of theming built up around the ride - this type of coaster works best with plenty of headchoppers, near misses and scenery interaction - not always easy with such a high coaster. Looking forward to seeing how it develops!

Hey everyone, sorry for the long gap. I've been very busy as of late and had lost all motivation for the project but am now back working on it.

Thanks for the feedback Blizzard and I will take your comments on board.

Alos, thank you to you Rupert and again, I will take on your comments as well. Also, regarding the reflective water, it is turned on. I think there is a bug within RCT3 itself. I have two lakes on the map, one shows up with reflective water, the wing splash pool does not. I shall have to look into it.

Anywho, more pictures of the plaza and queue, also of the station which again, I am trying to make as realistic as possible.

Shot0020_zpsac532e42.png

Shot0018_zpsbe5f1844.png

Shot0017_zpsf31d2928.png

Feel free to comment

JAMMYD778 :twirly:

I love the insider of the station, its very realistic and certainly reminds me of real ones. I do, however, think that the open space within the castle walls is too much. Maybe bring it in 3 - 6 tiles, and add more detail. Great things come in small packages, after all. I will also say that when it comes to it make sure you decorate your castle. Add windows, torches etc. Its becoming too often these days that people make a structure and leave it be, without adding anymore realism. I do also doubt that this ill be poor, judging by the amazing quality of your work in rct3 before. :)

Hi all. After a VERY long break, and loss of motivation for a period, I'm happy to say the ride is finished.

Thanks for the feedback and kind comments toofpick. Most of your points were taken on board.

I now present the final screenshots of the ride. A video will be coming soon, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week but I will kick myself into gear to release it. Aside from that, enjoy. :)

Shot0023_zps3ff80787.png

Shot0025_zps509a4737.png

Shot0024_zps1a54643c.png

Shot0022_zps5010b000.png

Feel free to comment.

JAMMYD778 :D

JAMMYD778 said:
Also, regarding the reflective water, it is turned on. I think there is a bug within RCT3 itself. I have two lakes on the map, one shows up with reflective water, the wing splash pool does not. I shall have to look into it.

Just noticed this comment, that isn't a bug, it's RCT's engine being just terrible! ;) The game will only render reflective water on one level, so if you have 2 lakes at different heights it will only show the reflective water in one lake. You can test this by emptying the lake that does work, and you can notice the other one will now have reflective water, unfortunately I don't think there is a work around, at least I haven't seen one or looked for one, it's just how the game works!

If you have both lakes filled with water at the same height level they will both have reflective water.

The ride is looking fantastic though! :)