• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

X-Sector Developments (Including Oblivion)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Re: X-Sector Developments (Including Oblivion)

They were taken from one of the Warehouses that are at the Towers. Can't say which one but I've seen it before when looking at behind the scenes photos. Plus Dave's post seems to back this up.

They look very similar to Enterprise, to the point where I can't imagine it being anything else. From what the pictures show it appears that the ride will be getting a new hub and spokes/arms but the carriages (that were repainted this year?) Will be the same as no new carriages are shown in the pictures.

The Carriages where redone last year anyway so I doubt they will change. To be fair Enterprise is one of the oldest rides at the park so it's going to need a refurb. As for X-Sector it would be nice to see the place cleaned up but I'm 99.9% certain Oblivion won't have been painted.

From what I've heard Submission will have both arms working again, and Enterprise will be having a makeover to fit in with SW7.

I'd rather they sold or scrapped Enterprise and Submission, used the money from those to fix Oblivion and then add a new flat ride to replace them in 2015, along with another flat for the Dark Forest. I don't mind Enterprise staying longer but they should really replace Submission with something better.

Anyone know if Oblivion is remaining in an absolute state or are they going to sort that out with SW7 and the two flats as well? As much as I want the track repainting, the station should come first because it needs a serious makeover to fix the exposed wood under the faux stone/concrete covering and there's brown stuff dripping down the sides of the building from the top of the roof.

BigAl said:
I'd rather they sold or scrapped Enterprise and Submission, used the money from those to fix Oblivion and then add a new flat ride to replace them in 2015, along with another flat for the Dark Forest. I don't mind Enterprise staying longer but they should really replace Submission with something better.

I disagree. I think it would be a very bad move for the park to remove any ride (unless they have to) that's in the same area as a brand new coaster. X-Sector will see a huge increase in footfall next year, and any support rides like Enterprise to spread that load out a bit have to be kept! :)

BigAl said:

Anyone know if Oblivion is remaining in an absolute state or are they going to sort that out with SW7 and the two flats as well? As much as I want the track repainting, the station should come first because it needs a serious makeover to fix the exposed wood under the faux stone/concrete covering and there's brown stuff dripping down the sides of the building from the top of the roof.

The repaint is needed more than fixing the station. A repaint would make the whole area look instantly 10x better.

I can't see they'll become that much more popular really, and Oblivion is a decent enough sponge to absorb other guests and keep queues from becoming ridiculous. The Dark Forest was okay with Rita and Th13teen and no other flats back in 2010, so two major coasters with a giant capacity between them will easily cope. I don't mind them leaving Enterprise as it's not bad but Submission really doesn't need any more money spending on it than it needs because they should really be replacing it as soon as they can.

And the station is literally falling apart. Repainting the track will help but the station is a complete and utter embarrassment really. :/

They need to fix the station and repaint Oblivion, which if they are going to the expense of fixing / replacing enterprise i am sure we will see this.

On that note, TT seem to be 'confirming' that their will be a replacement Enterprise.

Off topic. How arrogant are the management team their with their posts! (No need for discussion on this point, just wanted a moan)

It's not a full replacement, they have acquired quite a lot of new parts including a new lifting arm and spokes but the outer rim and Gondolas are the old ones. It's substantial but they haven't gone and bought a new machine. For a start they could only get second hand anyway as Huss don't make them anymore.

With SW7 opening this year, a fully functioning enterprise and submission will be vital to keeping the crowds down in the area.

Its likely that they will see an increase in rider numbers this year as more guests visit X Sector. Oblivion needs to be on top game as well, as I can imagine that the construction of SW7 will turn the once iconic Oblivion into a crowd soaker for the majority of guests!

Hopefully they can fix the pre drop motor as well - or did they fix that? Last time I was there one or two of the trains on oblivion didn't stop at the edge for very long at all!

rightbackgranty said:
With SW7 opening this year, a fully functioning enterprise and submission will be vital to keeping the crowds down in the area.

Its likely that they will see an increase in rider numbers this year as more guests visit X Sector. Oblivion needs to be on top game as well, as I can imagine that the construction of SW7 will turn the once iconic Oblivion into a crowd soaker for the majority of guests!

Hopefully they can fix the pre drop motor as well - or did they fix that? Last time I was there one or two of the trains on oblivion didn't stop at the edge for very long at all!

I don't think the pre-drop motor's broken, just that they changed it so that there was less of a wait before the drop. Surely if it were broken then the trains wouldn't stop at all on the edge?

I thought that originally, but I believe I read on this site that the motor was having a problem maintaining the required torque to hold the trains at the top. Either that, or the catch mechanism on some of the trains was not as good as it used to be.

Last time I visited (was a couple of seasons back) it was only some of the trains that had a very brief pause, whilst others still remained "hanging" for a longer period of time

On the topic of Oblivion I really do hope it is painted and freshened up over this closed season else I will be very disappointed. Its all good and well having a multi million pound investment but they need to put some love back into it. It needs to be as black as Enterprises new paint job! I hope the queline for it is given a spruce up aswell as the majority of the TVs in the que line replaced to LCD/Plasmas as they have started to.

I do hope both sides of Submission will be working next season as someone said earlier about taking the strain off X Sector as whole. Capacity next season really does need to be at its best!

If we think about it... The possible story of SW7 could lend itself perfectly to Enterprise and Submission being re-'branded' as some kind of additional 'mind control' or 'social compliance' tools... The storyline that we assume SW7 will follow could add additional depth to the two flat rides in the area while allowing Oblivion to stay put as the 'ultimate' experiment in the facility...

The Psychoaster said:
Yeah, I imagine some of the £18m for SW7 will go into it as well, especially considering the actual ride hardware won't be that costly. I desperately hope we return to X-Sector in 2013 to find Oblivion jet black again though!

There are stories on TowersTimes that Oblivion is being jet-washed. Now, this might just be for a clean up, or it might be a pre-cursor to a repaint. My hunch is that if they were just going to clean it, the'd do it at the beginning of next year, and not now. I think we might be about to see a repaint.

I'll be very very surprised if they do re-paint Oblivion over this closed season. It would be a massive job and cost a fair sum of money. Also if they were to re-paint it then chances are they will just paint straight over the support numbers with the ride logo, and that would be a great loss of detail.

:)

Rob said:
I'll be very very surprised if they do re-paint Oblivion over this closed season. It would be a massive job and cost a fair sum of money. Also if they were to re-paint it then chances are they will just paint straight over the support numbers with the ride logo, and that would be a great loss of detail.

The sacrifice is worth it though, I'm sure you'd agree :p

The Psychoaster said:
Rob said:

For me, honestly? No. That may seem crazy but small details do count for so much. Maybe it's because I'm so used to seeing Blivvy in the state it is, so I see it as "normal". Whenever I see photos of Blivvy painted black it looks so strange.

Rob said:
The Psychoaster said:
Rob said:

For me, honestly? No. That may seem crazy but small details do count for so much. Maybe it's because I'm so used to seeing Blivvy in the state it is, so I see it as "normal". Whenever I see photos of Blivvy painted black it looks so strange.

You can't deny though that it looks utterly terrible now in comparison to its previous black state.

oblivlift.jpg

571157731_b0ed0ce52d_m.jpg

There's just no contest - it would look immeasurably better and more imposing in its original colour. The fact that they are allegedly jet washing it does give me hope that they could be priming it for a repaint - let's just hope that whoever's in charge does decide to keep the little details :)

I've never seen Oblivion black in person, so I've only ever 'known' it to be grey. I kinda like the colour it is, though I admit it looks so much more imposing and scary in that solid black. As we know SW7 will be this colour, and it appears Enterprise's new parts are too, I hope Blivvy does get a touch up - otherwise it will just stick out like a sore thumb!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.