• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Yorkshire Wildlife Park

Ben.

TS Member
I'm not sure if many people have heard of this place, but being just down from the road from me it would be rude not to take an interest.

And to be honest this little park just keeps on surprising me, with many attractions of its size normally containing some depressed looking vaguely rare animals, some naff native animals like horses and poor quality all around. But this park seems to have taken the alternate route and is set on year after year development. Bearing in mind the park only opened in 2009, since then they have added 12 lions, tigers and leopards, all of which are housed in well landscaped environments with walkways for viewing. There is also a host of other animals such as zebras, baboons, giraffes, (i'm not going to name every animal but it gives you an idea).

This year they are again developing a new polar bear exhibit of which will be housed in their own 10 acre landscaped site.

This may sound more like a review, but my point is that this park is growing by the year, and with a further 170 acres left not used there is plenty of room for development (as well as owners expressing their desire to purchase rides in the next few years). This park is certainly one to watch in my opinion, they have the money and space to create something much larger.

http://www.yorkshirewildlifepark.com/

http://www.yorkshirewildlifeparkfoundation.com/#!the-reserve/c192b

4nfY4nu_zps0600d122.png

They don't have the money that's why they are wanting donations to get this Polar Bear from Mexico or wherever it is!

Natalie said:
They don't have the money that's why they are wanting donations to get this Polar Bear from Mexico or wherever it is!

As far as I know there is a stored fund made up from a percentage of each years profits from the park and the still functioning livery yard and horse vets. They asked for donations towards the Lions and other big cats. I think its just being used as a way to generate additional revenue to allow for more to be saved.

Ive just looked at some of the stuff on calenders website, I am basing all of this on things said by or about John Minion as he drinks at my local and is involved in the local equestrian community, it could all be talk but he seems rather certain that there's money.