• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

You know you are old when ...

Didn't want to put this one up until I had got the all clear...which I have just had by phone.
As an old b'stard in a poor northern town, I have yearly m.o.t. health checks.
Blood and urine tests, long chat with nurse, blood pressure, cholesterol checks and so on.
Don't ever go for these tests a day after a trip to the Towers...traces of blood in my urine made me worry for a week!
Knew I should have stuck to one trip on the smiler.
Mr Wicker three times did nothing for my lower back either.
Further tests all clear.
Time I started holding on.

Great to hear that you have been given the all clear Rob :)

Here is another one that the young folks wouldn't have a clue what it does. No not the indicator, the other knob next to the steering column

n08sE05.jpg

46% of millennials would sooner stay in cleaning up than go for a session down the pub.
Flipping heck, and cluck me, I'm getting old.
I just cant begin to understand the young generation.

46% of millennials would sooner stay in cleaning up than go for a session down the pub.
Flipping heck, and cluck me, I'm getting old.
I just cant begin to understand the young generation.

I didn't realise the two were mutually exclusive. Yes I like to spend time cleaning up so that my home is in order, quite happy to spend that time before/after going out (not to the pub, but places I enjoy).

I'd like to see a source on that statistic. Sounds like interesting research that I don't even need to read to know either doesn't exist or is bias/has too small sample/makes assumptions/is generally not following proper methodology.

Brabantia was the statistical source, it was in today's I newspaper.
So drummed up to flog posh bins then.
Nice old fashioned paper edition.
With staples!

I had a Atari 800XL and that took nearly a hour to load fast forward to now and the PS4 games take roughly the same time to download but instead of going out to play or playing something these kids nowadays just go on your phones or tablets to his loaded

With all the talk of GCSE Exams on the other threads

I never took GCSE's back in my day when I took my exams, it was A Level's and O Level's and CSE's were just introduced too.

Was driving the other day and looked in a learner car and suddenly thought, "They look young". Then I realised I started driving half my lifetime ago, and realised it was actually just me being old instead!

Double post...euthenize me.
So, last day of term all those years ago...not allowed to take favourite toys in...why not...that's not fair...we always do.
Oh no...no toys today...we all have to file into the hall, and watch a black and white telly half a mile away...two blokes in silly suits dancing in the dust.
Would have preferred to take my hot wheels track in.
And I wanted to be a lion tamer or steam train driver...I already knew at that age that space men, and space dogs, tended to die young.