• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Your favourite roller coaster in Florida?

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. Many of us proclaim Florida to be the theme park capital of the world; it has Disney, Universal, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens to name just a few amazing parks! And I know that many of us have visited! But my question to you today is; if you have been, what is your favourite roller coaster in the state?

Now, there are many great coasters in Florida, but it has to be Mako at SeaWorld Orlando for me! Nothing I've ridden has yet topped the bliss I felt coming into the brake run on Mako after that amazing combination of top-notch airtime and smoothness, as well as great g-forces and an immensely rerideable experience! That's largely why it still sits as my number 1 coaster to this day!

But which roller coaster in Florida is your favourite?

Kumba at BGT.

Mako would be a close second but I've spoilt the experience by doing it too many times. Back row left is the money seat for me.

Montu is my favourite coaster in Florida. That said, within Orlando... it's Space Mountain (or was on my last visit, in 2015).

:)

Mako by quite a distance. Mine Blower and Montu are great too.

Shout outs to Space Mountain and Expedition Everest for overall themed experiences.

Mako by quite a distance. Mine Blower and Montu are great too.

Shout outs to Space Mountain and Expedition Everest for overall themed experiences.

I have heard from a few friends that Mine Blower is really rough... did you not find this to be the case?

Manta for me, with honourable mentions to Mako, Everest and Mummy.

I didn’t enjoy Mine Blower at all. The trains put me in mind of the Maurer X Car, and not in a good way. Now White Lightning on the other hand...

Just been out myself this week. Hands down Mako for me second place is (to my surprise) Cheta hunt and after that either montu (edges out nemesis as my top invert) or space mountain (loved it when I thought the pov looked lame so had 0 expectations)

Mako is a true airtime machine, smooth, fast and a lot of fun. Back left is simply fantastic . The ques at seaworld got me 5 rides in 30 mins so binged myself on a fantastic ride.

I have heard from a few friends that Mine Blower is really rough... did you not find this to be the case?
Admittedly I purposely sat at the front of the train in order to try and get a smoother ride on Mine Blower, but I have somewhat of a low roughness tolerance and did not find Mine Blower to be unbearably rough, even though it admittedly wasn't the smoothest of coasters. Even though I definitely found Wicker Man (the only other post-2000 wooden coaster I've ridden) smoother as far as modern woodies go, I've certainly ridden plenty of rougher woodies than Mine Blower!

Also, while I'm talking to you @AstroDan, I'd be intrigued to know what you like so much about Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom? While I liked it when I rode the Alpha side for the first time in April (it sits at #20 for me out of 64 coasters presently ridden), I certainly wouldn't say it was my personal favourite in Orlando.

Speaking of which, here's my top 10 Florida coasters for a bit of wider context:
  1. Mako
  2. Montu
  3. SheiKra
  4. Mine Blower
  5. Kraken
  6. Kumba
  7. Incredible Hulk
  8. Rock'n'Rollercoaster
  9. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
  10. Space Mountain (Alpha)

Montu. I last went to Florida in 2013 though, so I expect that will change when I go back at some point (hopefully soon)!

Having just been, it's gotta be Kumba. Such a fine coaster! In just Orlando, it's Seven Dwarfs Mine Train :)

Having just been, it's gotta be Kumba. Such a fine coaster! In just Orlando, it's Seven Dwarfs Mine Train :)
Kumba is a great ride (my personal 6th favourite in Florida), but I'd be intrigued to know why Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ranks so highly for you? I won't deny, it's a very fun, very smooth family coaster, and I can definitely see a high ranking from a theming standpoint, but I'd say there are many coasters I preferred to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train within WDW alone. Were you not a fan of the likes of Mine Blower, Mako, Hulk, Kraken etc elsewhere in Florida?

Not criticising you, of course; we all have different opinions on these things! :)

Reactions: Ted
Kumba is a great ride (my personal 6th favourite in Florida), but I'd be intrigued to know why Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ranks so highly for you? I won't deny, it's a very fun, very smooth family coaster, and I can definitely see a high ranking from a theming standpoint, but I'd say there are many coasters I preferred to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train within WDW alone. Were you not a fan of the likes of Mine Blower, Mako, Hulk, Kraken etc elsewhere in Florida?

Not criticising you, of course; we all have different opinions on these things! :)
Must admit 7 dawfs was the smoothest coaster I have ever been on by some margin and my partners favorite out there. Mako was my favorite though!

Must admit 7 dawfs was the smoothest coaster I have ever been on by some margin and my partners favorite out there. Mako was my favorite though!
Mako is my favourite in Florida too based on my memories of it from August 2016; blissfully smooth and comfortable with amazing airtime in every row! In fact, it's still my number 1 coaster of all time!

Mako is my favourite in Florida too based on my memories of it from August 2016; blissfully smooth and comfortable with amazing airtime in every row! In fact, it's still my number 1 coaster of all time!

Yep mako is a firm no 1 in the world for me though its likely to be dethroned by Wildfire when I visit Kolmarden next month. Insane amount of airtime on mako, felt like I was out my seat for half the ride! Really like the animation that plays on the cealing of the station on dispatch too.

It's largely due to the theming, the animatronics are absolutely brilliant and the ride track and train is very good as well. Although I had no sleep since that 9 hour flight and I had totally forgotten about Mako which is probably my favourite coaster in Orlando too :p Hulk and Kraken are good coasters, but didn't do a lot for me and I didn't ride Mine Blower (which by the way is in Kissimmee, not Orlando ;) )

Montu still my fav in Florida. Not been since 2013.

We are going back in 2022 for MK 60th birthday when my son will be 8. So I'll be getting lots of new creds including Mako, Snow White Mine Train, Hagrid motorcycle New Jurrasic Park coaster, Tron, Busch Gardens RMC, Tigris and a few more too I'm forgetting. Absolutely unreal just how much that state gets in such a small amount of time. Be an awesome place to live if you were loaded.