• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Your Top Worst Coasters

The boomerang at pleasure island, Cleethorpes. I know pretty much all boomerang models are not the smoothest of ride but I came off that one last year wanting a chiropractor :(

Shout out to hero at flamingo land too. It's just so uncomfortable.

The frankly hideous roughness of Colossus and the inlines at the end I hate (if it was a bit smoother, especially at the back! and didn't have those, I'd actually love it) and air, just because I find it incredibly uncomfortable and just don't enjoy it.

There is a knack to it but if you support your weight on the restraint grips, it stops the pressure and weight being put on your shoulders making it uncomfortable. You've got to love the last inline though surely? Although it's not a patch on Blue Fires final inline, that is probably the best inversion I've experienced and only matched by Nemmys Zero-G. :)

There is a knack to it but if you support your weight on the restraint grips, it stops the pressure and weight being put on your shoulders making it uncomfortable. You've got to love the last inline though surely? Although it's not a patch on Blue Fires final inline, that is probably the best inversion I've experienced and only matched by Nemmys Zero-G. :)

NO that's the worst one for me lol!! Apart from the fact it means it's finished it just makes me dizzy as hell lol!!

Presuming we're talking about Colossus?

It's just a personal thing (apart from the roughness, which isn't something that bothers me massively on coasters as a whole either), not a reflection of the ride as such.

I would have to say:

- Any stand up coasters.

- X2 - Felt like I was going to get bounced out of my seat (rag doll)

- Tatsu (hate flying coasters)

From least to most terrible: -

Blue Flyer, Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Seating position is a kicker on this for me, not necessarily evil

Fantasy Mouse, Fantasy Island

Heap of scrap stalled exiting the station. Dull and doesn't spin for 50% of the ride.

Rhombus Rocket, Fantasy Island

Slow, dull and only just not excluded from here (Some things are excluded for reasons)

Runaway Mine Train, Wonderland Pleasure Park

Yawn fest from what I remember many moons ago

X:/ NWO, Thorpe Park

Dull, backwards, random shake fest thing of yawn

Kumali, Flamingo Land

May have been the hail, but seemed short and uncomfy. Also recent reports of 5 minute dispatches

Velocity, Flamingo Land

Probably FL staff at fault, as Booster Bikes at Toverland was not bad in comfort stakes, this was an uncomfy crush fest

Corkscrew, Flamingo Land

Three consecutive rides probably didn't help, but this was a headbang fest. Did live at the bottom of my list for a while....

Bandit, Movie Park

Sat for 5 mins after this bent over in pain. Rattly terrible pile of heap which hurt to hell. I have been to violent gigs (I have permanent shoulder injuries from Slipknot) but this was a lot worse, the layout may be fun but it is a far too long torture fest followed by 97G brakes.

Infusion BPB - Utter evil awful terrible pile of scrap which needs detonating as fast as possible. It ruined my entire day last time I went and stopped me drinking that night as it hurt so much.

I can now finally add another coaster to this list - Temple Of The Dark Lift Hill (Phantasialand)

I really have no idea what this ride is doing in such a superb park as Phantasialand. I really hope it's removed and turned into a superb Dark Ride/Coaster.

After whatever replaces Race for Atlantis 100% certain that they will be next. So they'll still be around for another 2 years. But their cards are marked.

The only reason it hasn't happened yet is probably because the park's very popular and successful dinner show Fantasima is in the same building and they need to construct a replacement venue first. - We can only hope that'll be included in the new project.

Last edited:
Bottom 5 coasters for me

5/ Big One Blackpool
Apart from the drop and the height of the drop, the ride is slow dull and force less. The ride's only other saving point is night riding.

4/ G Force Drayton Manor
Painful loop lift hill, I honestly thought I was going to get crushed. Rest of the ride was alright I suppose but generally forgettable.

3/ Family Star Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
Feels like junk, it sticks out, looks out of place and isn't terribly exciting.

2/ Buffalo Coaster- Drayton Manor
I usually like powered coasters, but not this one. This one takes a million years to finish its circuit and isn't comftable either. Drayton lack a great coaster (except for Ben10).

1/ Tokaido Tivoli World
Usually when you have more laps on a coaster it's a good thing. But not here, the ride is so slow, long and uncomftable. Not to mention looks like it cane from a travelling fair 30 years ago.

Dishonourable mentions (not coasters)
Storm Surge
Tiny Truckers
Charlie and the cardboard factory (don't miss it)
Armageddon
Impossible

I can now finally add another coaster to this list - Temple Of The Dark Lift Hill (Phantasialand)

I really have no idea what this ride is doing in such a superb park as Phantasialand. I really hope it's removed and turned into a superb Dark Ride/Coaster.

Still better than front row on Black Mamba ;)

I don't really have a list of top worst coasters, but 2 that particularly spring to mind are;
Kanonen - Liseberg
Indiana Jones - DLP

Some coasters I've ridden and never ever want to do again.

Insane - Grona Lund. This godawful coaster is an Intamin ZacSpin and it is the only coaster to ever give me whiplash. I'd ridden it twice and that was twice too many...

Loopen - Tuesnfryd. It's more to do with the fact it's so largely outdated and the layout is poor. It's Norway's version of Corkie but I liked the latter better.

G Force - Drayton Manor. Uncomfortable restraints, terrible throughput, appauling queue line make this a recipe for a bad coaster.

Infusion - Blackpool Pleasure Beach. It's rough and unpleasant, not much more to say.

Revolution at Blackpool. Not thats its bad to ride but more it looks and feels unsafe how its seems to wobble around in the wind and from the rides motion, plus the queue on the steps setup feels dangerous.