• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Your Top Worst Coasters

My list;

G-force at Drayton. Incredibly short and underwhelming, combined with being uncomfortable while riding and queuing make it horrid.

Vampire- The ride itself is quite fun, but the seats make it really uncomfortable and Chessington seem to run it on a low capacity so it takes forever to queue for!

X at Thorpe park- Boring, cramped and outdated. Needs replacing IMO.

Infusion at BPB- Rough, meh layout and again rough as hell!

Seen g-force mentioned a lot here. Only been on once so I might of just had I good ride, but I didn't find it particularly painful (uncomfortable, yes, but not enough to ruin the ride). Will agree that it has a fairly boring layout, it's too short, and that the ide of an inverting lift hill is terrible, but who does the pain affect most (tall people, larger people, etc).

I find it hard to rate bad coasters, just as I struggle to rate my favourites. They can be bad for so many reasons - painful/uncomfortable, boring layout, cheap gimmicks, but I can safely say these are some of my worst:
  • Collosus, thorpe - painful, repetitive ride that does nearly nothing but invert (yet, I like the smiler). Gets insane queues, and ends with five inversions that don't add much. Shame, it's one of the best landscaped rides I've ever seen, but it's yet another example of one of the times intamin hasn't done so well
  • Rita, towers - think I've managed to get over the pain on rita now I've learnt how to brace, but it turns out the pain was distracting me from how bland the layout is. Like any accelerator, the launch is fun (though wouldn't push to "thrilling", as I would for stealth), but after that it's just meandering round corners trying to use up its speed. In the right seat, maybe you'd get a little air time, but I've never experienced it myself.
  • Rattlesnake, chessie - I'll admit, when it's not trimmed to death, it can be fun. But there's the problem... It always is. Feels like your being punched every time you hit the trims, and the brake run tries to crack your ribs. Add to that that every corner throws you into the side of the cart, or the person next to you, and it's just beyond uncomfortable. On top of this, it's just a generic mouse coaster. Poor throughput, a less than thrilling ride (not matching the height restriction), and something you could experience at a travelling fair.

G-Force, Drayton Manor
Poor train design, shocking throughput due to operating on just one train, lift hill is just bizarre, and it's just not a pleasant experience. Queuing in the station building in the height of summer is not at all fun, I can assure you.

Insane, Gröna Lund
Just...WHY does this thing exist?! No lateral G-force whatsoever. Just going backwards, forwards, up and down is not fun. It's rough and uncomfortable, and I was so glad to get off it. It's a pain in the backside to try and get into and out of if you're short. It's definitely not an improvement on its smaller cousin at all, with only two rides of each type in existence (the smaller ZacSpins are at Terra Mítica in Spain and Linnanmäki in Finland, and the only other larger one is at SFMM) somewhat demonstrating why this is the case. Plus it's just a dreadful ride. :p

Seen g-force mentioned a lot here. Only been on once so I might of just had I good ride, but I didn't find it particularly painful (uncomfortable, yes, but not enough to ruin the ride). Will agree that it has a fairly boring layout, it's too short, and that the ide of an inverting lift hill is terrible, but who does the pain affect most (tall people, larger people, etc).
Anyone on the larger side gets crushed to an inch of their lives..

Last edited:
I'm 6ft 2 and I didn't find G-Force particularly uncomfortable, it's not a brilliant ride but I find it much better than Infusion, Magnus Colossus and Baco.

I can't look past Baco as my least favourite, the only positives is that it looks good off ride and the queue line is quite nice. Apart from that it's almost unrideable for me.

El Condor at Walibi Holland. SLC's are notorious for being dreadful, but as the first SLC it makes its younger relatives feel like glass smooth B&Ms. It made me realise I've actually had comfortable rides on Infusion in comparison. Never again.

Last edited:
El Condor at Walibi Holland. SLC's are notorious for being dreadful, but as the first SLC it makes its younger relatives feel like glass smooth B&Ms. It made me realise I've actually had comfortable rides on Infusion in comparison. Never again.

Seconded!

Never again will anyone complain of Infusion's rattles and jolts. El Condor is the single worst coaster I have ever ridden.

This isn't a ride. It's a torture device. I have to assume that it has aged very badly. If not, I genuinely have no idea why any park ever bought another. It's brutal.

Insane at Grona Lund. Ouch. Pins you in, you can't physically move on it. As soon as it goes over 90 degrees, feels like it will snap your thighs in two, and tightens during the ride on in *cough* not very pleasant position. Also has a death cred clone.