• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

siralgenon said:
A few changes and improvements I noticed while on-park today:
- The Runaway Mine Train now has black pads fitted to the air gates. (I don't know why)

They have been there a couple of weeks (since start of season I think), its to stop people getting through the gap inbetween the gate (which apparently happened).

So there's a new little LED (/one which wasn't on before) which is just cycling RGB randomly halfway through the Sub Terra scare maze... Seemed a bit out of place but added something I guess!

As reported on our Facebook page earlier, Twirling Toadstool is having its roof repaired after the snow the other week, which broke the top.

535828_467729626630820_1082713941_n.jpg

There was a power cut on park yesterday which affected the majority of the park for a considerable amount of time. Tickets were re-validated, car parking was free and ride close time extended by 30mins.

Visited the park today, noticed that the mist has returned to Oblivion's hole.

Something strange I picked up on today though, around half twelve today, I was standing with a friend next to the Space Adventures play area to suddenly hear music start to play quite loudly, and heavy with bass. This music came from the old tent behind squirrel nutty. Only then did we realise it was actually the Flume theme that was playing in there, we both agreed that it was very strange.

Later in the day we actually rode the Flume, and the queue line audio was absent for the main section of the queue, wether this is linked or not I don't know, it did seem rather strange though.

We wondered whether they are testing the speaker system within the tent for a future show or something. The speakers were blatantly turned up high though because you could still clearly hear the Flume theme even when standing under the storybook land entrance arches

Pricey. said:
So is the sanctuary closed now then?

Yup. DR K said he looked forward to seeing us all again at Halloween :)

From today :-

Hex vault sounds awful. Banging, creaking and generally loud, rather concerning noises emanate above the audio.

ERT was a bit of a fail in terms of coasters today, with RITA being down, then opening late in to ERT before going down again after one launch. We heard later than Oblivion had opened instead, not sure if that was true, but if it was, shame the communication didn't filter down to guests being informed.

Felt fairly busy, however queues were not that long for the best part. (At 10:30, Th13teen was operating two trains empty, one train with guests, but still no queue). Queues seem to peak at 60 for Spinball , Rita 30, Th13teen 30, and all other coasters around 5-30 mins max.

Ride operations still at the mercy of H&S, which severely effects thru-puts on Rita, Oblivion & Mine Train. Not so bad now, but when things pick up, there will be some very long waits in slow moving queues to look forward too. :(

Vik said:
Pricey. said:
So is the sanctuary closed now then?

Yup. DR K said he looked forward to seeing us all again at Halloween :)

From today :-

Hex vault sounds awful. Banging, creaking and generally loud, rather concerning noises emanate above the audio.

Yeah there was some noise on Friday, not anything like last year but worrying.

I'm, sure not that many of you are squirrel nutty fanatics but it provides a great view of the big top roof. There is a bloody great rip in the roof from top to bottom with a support sticking through. I got a few photos on the ground (since I wouldn't want to be breaking rules about mobiles on rides)

Will add later

Towseriv said:
I'm, sure not that many of you are squirrel nutty fanatics but it provides a great view of the big top roof. There is a bloody great rip in the roof from top to bottom with a support sticking through. I got a few photos on the ground (since I wouldn't want to be breaking rules about mobiles on rides)

I am wondering if this is related to the speakers being tested in their on Friday, I've noticed on recent visits some park managers going in and out of that old shop attached to the big top, I think something new is coming in there.

Poison Tom 96 said:
Has Nemesis been permanently knocked off ERT?
I think everything has from what happend today :)

But I'm bit to sure I wouldn't imagine so

ryanlovesaltontowers said:
Towseriv said:

I am wondering if this is related to the speakers being tested in their on Friday, I've noticed on recent visits some park managers going in and out of that old shop attached to the big top, I think something new is coming in there.

People will know better than me bot I believe the old shop is totally independent of the big top. To get to the big top you need to go behind Nutty house. I do know from scarefest that it has been totally empty in the shop part (they were using it as a really crap photo point)

I belive Nemesis was only taken off ERT earlier this month when we had the really cold weather, as Nemesis was struggling to work properly. Nemesis Sub-Terra was put on instead.

However Rita seems to be back on ERT instead of TH13TEEN at the moment, that was certainly the case on Thursday.

Early Ride Time was disgraceful today.

Did only Hex.

:(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AstroDan said:
Early Ride Time was disgraceful today.

Did only Hex.

:(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I believenOblivion should have been open as a Rita replacement, not sure what time it opened though.