• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

A loooong time ago there used to be a TV screen that hung just before the offload platform showing riders their ORP and final scores before they left the ride. As I said though, it probably stopped working fairly early in the rides life as Duel as I haven't seen it work personally since 2004.

It was a good idea as often the scores would have reset by this point and you could look up at the screen and compare. Of course, thats a bit useless now seeing they no longer put the scores on the photos, which is a shame :(

Jon said:
Dave said:
I think things have got more complex since last season, not sure why though other than a train vally'ed during the John Lewis day.

'Vally'ed'? What does this mean?
A train on a rollercoaster valleys when it gets stuck in a 'dip' between two higher points in a ride.

Towseriv said:
At the monorail station for the car park they look to be constructing a pink cake, there was just the first "tier" and a gold sparkly base.

Any ideas what for?
There was a wedding on Saturday in the conference room I don't know if it was used for that. I can't think of an other uses for it

And the other half is in the disabled spaces next to splash

josht said:
Towseriv said:
At the monorail station for the car park they look to be constructing a pink cake, there was just the first "tier" and a gold sparkly base.

Any ideas what for?
There was a wedding on Saturday in the conference room I don't know if it was used for that. I can't think of an other uses for it

That sounds like the 30th anniversary cake they had back in 2010. So my only guess is that they're updating it for Splash's 10th birthday.

:)

Stevie said:
josht said:
Towseriv said:

Any ideas what for?

That sounds like the 30th anniversary cake they had back in 2010. So my only guess is that they're updating it for Splash's 10th birthday.

They have built fencing for it so it seems pretty medium/long term

Towseriv said:
Stevie said:
josht said:
Towseriv said:

Any ideas what for?

They have built fencing for it so it seems pretty medium/long term
TowersStreet first birthday as I've just seen in the tavern

BigAl said:
On the ride and the spinning tunnel still doesn't work (been like that for the whole season, as far as I know) and the audio in the ride is (or was a week ago at least) now very loud too.

The trommel tunnel was working in Feb half-term from what I recall.

The trommel had been off since opening at least I think. From what I heard it was having structural issues which were preventing it from turning properly.

Yay! I can imagine that part of the ride seems fairly pointless if it isn't switched on...

Wow:

TowersStreet on Facebook said:
Submission was running both arms for a period today for the first time in a number of years. Unfortunately we weren't able to get a photo!

First Leicester win in the league at Forest for the first time since 1972 and now this, what a crazy weekend!! :p

I wouldn't worry. From what I've heard it didn't last long before it broke again ;)

JaykeAT said:
So have they started checking tickets for ERT now then?

On my visit last week they didn't bother, however it was a quiet day. They might start to check now its getting busier.

30 minutes shaved off opening times for this month, all now 5pm queue closes until 18 May then Saturdays are 5:30pm, with every other day (including Bank Holidays) being 5pm closes.

It is a shame that the park does close at 5pm so much of the time, 5.30pm closes are now rather rare and unless it's the summer 6pm is almost unheard of. I wasn't on park today but after seeing what people who were have said it sounds like a lot of people were just hanging around on Towers Street and on the lawns after ride close enjoying the warm sunny weather. 5pm does seem too early to close on a bank holiday weekend where the weather is nice. I have no idea how busy it was today though.