• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

^ £23.10 on a 2 for 1 then. Still competitively priced IF you have the voucher!

And that's exactly the problem Towers and other Merlin parks now have. They rely so heavily on vouchers and discounted entries as the gate price is unjustifiably high. But slashing the price and removing promotional vouchers would be a huge risk that they probably aren't prepared to take.

:)

Longy said:
Does anyone know how much the 2012 Scare Rooms were for 4 people?

I was thinking of booking one for my Birthday/Christmas present...

I did one in 2011, think it cost about £75 per person, with a MAP discount. As well as the room we got Th13teen fastracks as well as entry and fastracks to all the mazes. Well worth it for a one-off experience :)

Rob said:
And that's exactly the problem Towers and other Merlin parks now have. They rely so heavily on vouchers and discounted entries as the gate price is unjustifiably high. But slashing the price and removing promotional vouchers would be a huge risk that they probably aren't prepared to take.

How I wish they would do that....the marketing they could do for it would be awesome as well ''Come to Alton Towers in 2014, With gate prices slashed by 50%!'' Think about it, they just need to stop producing the vouchers this season then they will all be invalid next season.

And then what for the season after? How else will they entice people in in their numbers?

They've obviously decided having a gate figure price isn't good enough to get people in, and offers are the only way forward. Similar to supermarkets and their consistant offers to entice people in rather than constant low pricing.

thefatone said:
And then what for the season after? How else will they entice people in in their numbers?

They've obviously decided having a gate figure price isn't good enough to get people in, and offers are the only way forward. Similar to supermarkets and their consistant offers to entice people in rather than constant low pricing.

Advertise the latest ride they have and/or short breaks and keep saying ''Come to Alton Towers for as little as £x a day!'' That would work, surely?

The 2013 key visual from our Facebook page:

184232_445039305566519_953068274_n.jpg

I'm loving the starry sky. It's no doubt meant to represent the Moon Voyager rooms in the hotel, but I like to think of it as a little throw back to the Black Hole :)

Poison Tom 96 said:
Love the image :D

Please can the starry sky mean more late openings? Please?

I wish! ;) Lets just hope they don't get any earlier this year.

It's a really good visual for the resort, definitely one of the best from recent years.

An updated ERT list has now been put on the Alton Towers website, it can be found on the shortbreaks section for Alton Towers Live, and also on its main section: http://www.altontowers.com/useful-info/early-ride-time/

•Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE
•TH13TEEN
•Hex
•Heave Ho
•Marauders Mayhem
•Nemesis
•Runaway Mine Train

It seems Oblvion has been removed, but currently nothing has replaced it! However at the bottom it does say its subject to change.

Hmmm not overly pleasing that nothing has replaced Oblivion on the line-up. Maybe Oblivion will be added again once The Smiler is open? Gives them an extra hour in the morning to move things around X-Sector before the guests are let loose in the area.

Sam said:
Are we 100% sure that Oblivion will even be open at all until The Smiler is...?

Not 100% I don't think, but I'd say 95%. The fact that they have already started re-paving the area suggests this further.

Making a conscious decision to close all of X Sector in May would be a disaster for guest experience.

Oblivion is, aside from Nemesis, pretty much the key thrill seeking draw to the park.

I am confident it will open, as normal, on March 16th.

Sonic Spinball surely must be added to ERT.

Has anyone else tries to use the scanner in the smiler app on that press image?

I just did and it loaded a 3D model of the ride!
Just thought id mention it

image-2_zpsd1645e53.jpg

ERT seems very family orientated. Couldn't potentially Rita be added to ERT too?

DaveW said:
Has anyone else tries to use the scanner in the smiler app on that press image?

I just did and it loaded a 3D model of the ride!
Just thought id mention it

image-2_zpsd1645e53.jpg

Yep, I did this. Rather intriguing at the layout :)

As for ERT, if Oblivion doesn't open then they need to add another ride in its place like Sonic Spinball otherwise I can see Nemesis being super popular aha!