• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

I personally don't think the price rises are big enough and they will keep over-selling the product. If they have a repeat if Scarefest this year then their reputation will be in tatters

The fair majority of scarefest is that bastard free hotel fastrack.

They need to limit it, remove it, or just do something as otherwise yeah, reputation..

I don't see why hotel guests over Scarefest should get a replacement perk for ERT. Staying on resort is generally worthwhile for the experience, and it's convenient staying next to the park at any time of the year. If you live a couple of hours away, staying on-resort is even more convenient over Scarefest as it means you can stay on park until ride close without having to trek home cold and tired at silly o'clock. That should be a big enough perk in itself.

AstroDan said:
The problem is, Alton Towers are making out that Fastrack is essential to a day out.

When you try and book tickets online, it comes up with a box 'don't forget to add fastrack tickets'.

::)

The issue is when they oversell fast track so it becomes completely essential to a day out...

542975_10151050948928448_882873835_n.jpg

"Say NO to Fastrack! Has your day been ruined by excessive Fastrack? Why not call in at Guest Services and make your feelings known! Visit MakeUpYourOwnMind.co.uk now and vote YES or NO to Fastrack!"

The thing is - if you oversell it, the thing doesn't actually become essential. It just becomes a pain for everyone. Those in the main queue experience inflated wait times and those in the Fastrack queue are sometimes queueing for 30+ minutes themselves.

Making it out to be essential leads to overselling which in fact makes it less essential and the scourge of everyone's day. I expected a bigger price rise to be honest.

In other news, we've updated our Fastrack pages on the website with the latest information, alongside an archived page of last year's for comparisons.

Sam said:
542975_10151050948928448_882873835_n.jpg

"Say NO to Fastrack! Has your day been ruined by excessive Fastrack? Why not call in at Guest Services and make your feelings known! Visit MakeUpYourOwnMind.co.uk now and vote YES or NO to Fastrack!"
I'm more entertained by the look on Lewis' face there tbh. :p

I've just be reading through Alton Towers' old tweets, I don't know why but I sometimes read peoples questions and their responses and it seems that the days of a standard AND premium Alton Towers pass are no more:

"Hi Sam, there will only be one type of Alton Towers pass this year, therefore you are best to renew into a MAP in the Jan Sale!"

Was posted on the 13th Jan for those that wish to "view" it to confirm it. I can only imagine it will mean in a pass price increase with parking included and perhaps a long term view of scrapping individual park passes? Makes me glad I somehow got a P MAP for just £35 haha!

I think the AT pass will be scrapped soon - it's funny as they only brought them in a few years ago!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The Premium Pass is now only available, judging off the website.
It's a bit pricey too at £120 and £100 renewal...

It appears that Merlin are phasing out the individual attraction passes in favour of the Annual Passes, which are currently cheaper anyway!

They really dont push the Alton passes, infact I dont think there is any mention of them at Alton Towers, it is always Merlin passes, compared to some of the other theme parks which push their own passes as much as the Merlin one, like Thorpe Park and LegoLand.

Every time I went to buy the Alton pass they always put in a merlin pass untill I said no just the Alton

Does anyone know how much the 2012 Scare Rooms were for 4 people?

I was thinking of booking one for my Birthday/Christmas present...

We were saying about the waterpark this weekend. Closing at 6pm with a full hotel of eager swimmers? Ridiculous.

I thought the same last year at the Caribbean Beach Party weekend. I imagined it to be the waterpak open till 10, with a bar open by the poolside. But that's too much to ask

Cariba looks stunning at night, it's such a shame that they close it. There's too many kids about during the day, so why not have adults only after 8pm or something?

I don't understand why they don't open the park and waterpark later as it is. What is their reasoning - do they think everyone will just leave all at once at a certain time?

They did used to close later but the hours were reduced as they didn't get enough guests. You would think they would make an exception for a Caribbean weekend as there isn't exactly a lot to do on resort so the water park ends up getting too crowded

I went on a carribean weekend once, with the waterpark closing at 9 or 10.. (few years ago now!).

The place had about 30 people in after 7pm. Probably why they culled it's hours.