• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

KingNemesis said:
Do you think the Sanctuary will be of same quality? Or will it be lesser so due to it being free and a last minute filler option?

The whole maze has been left set up as it was since Scarefest - so I would assume it will be of the same quality.

KingNemesis said:
Do you think the Sanctuary will be of same quality? Or will it be lesser so due to it being free and a last minute filler option?

It's been known about for quite some time that The Sanctuary would be returning. I certainly don't think they will be 'phoning it in', so to speak.

James said:
KingNemesis said:

The whole maze has been left set up as it was since Scarefest - so I would assume it will be of the same quality.

Yeah although I was aware of that, I was thinking whether they will have less staff and the such, but maybe as its only 2-3 months they can keep it as it was

Oh fair enough, I'm sure they will have the same amount of staff. Since it will only be open for 2-3 months I'd think they will just be taking a few people on temporary contracts. I'm just assuming things though, so time will tell.

Presumably, Hex will be exiting through the fire escape and the Towers themselves will be closed?

James said:
Oh fair enough, I'm sure they will have the same amount of staff. Since it will only be open for 2-3 months I'd think they will just be taking a few people on temporary contracts. I'm just assuming things though, so time will tell.
They also might use the smiler staff before the acutel ride opens, but hopefully it will be at the same standard it was during scarefest :)

James said:
Regarding the come back for £1 offer. Does this offer stand for hotel guests as well? I'm visiting during easter and have booked theme park tickets along with the hotel. The website doesn't seem to state if the come back for £1 offer for The Smiler qualifies for hotel guests too.

I don't think it does no. From what I've seen it looks like the offer is for tickets that have been pre-booked online only. They're calling them Double Joy tickets. So you are effectively booking two tickets in one go. They may of course have other offers on such as vouchers being given out as you leave the park.

DiogoJ42 said:
Presumably, Hex will be exiting through the fire escape and the Towers themselves will be closed?

Hex will definitely exit the Scarefest way as it were. However I think the Towers may be partly open. I think Towers have a obligation from English Heritage to keep them open for a set period of time or something like that. And Mark Kerrigan was saying in The Pulse that it will be a new challenge for them opening parts of the Towers whilst they also have a scaremaze open.

:)

Rob said:
I think the Towers may be partly open. I think Towers have a obligation from English Heritage to keep them open for a set period of time or something like that. And Mark Kerrigan was saying in The Pulse that it will be a new challenge for them opening parts of the Towers whilst they also have a scaremaze open.
I wonder how that will work with entrances then? If the conservatory is the way in, and the servant's tunnel is the way out of the maze, doesn't that just leave the entrance that was used for ToTT last year? I would have thought they need at least two ways in / out for fire exits etc.

(I admit I'm no expert on the Towers so there may well be another door I'm not aware of) ;)

I suppose they could still use the servants quaters to basically go under the start of the scaremaze then could also use the same tunnel at the Sanctuary exit as I'm guessing there will be a member of staff at the point where it comes out into the corridoor?

I'm not sure if that would work, myself. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Personally I think they'll want to keep the servants passageway closed. Simply because of the fact that if people go in from X-Sector end they'll be met head on by guests exiting The Sanctuary. However, I think that what they will do is move the official start of the queueline to the maze right into Her Ladyships Gardens, and have people enter the Towers through the stairs on the right (The ones ToTT used for the entrance at Scarefest). Then I think they'll make it so you can only go as far as the Butlers Pantry, and then up into the Banqueting Hall, and through to the Family Dining room where the stairs can be used to access the roof. Then I should imagine that they will either entirely close, or at least block the rear exit in the Long Gallery.

It'll certainly be interesting to see them pull this one off, but at the same time it'll be nice to have the two running alongside one another :)

Fairly sure the whole of The Long Gallery will be closed as the bottom of it includes part of The Sanctuary.

The will likely put the queue entrance for Sanctuary at the top left of the stairs that TotT queue used and allow ruins access via the door TotT used as an entrance. That gives them access to the basement, banqueting hall, family dining room and the stairs up to the top level in the family dining room.

If there is a fire they will evac through the Scaremaze and other exits, if anything it will be safer as thre will be tons of staff in there unlike when there is no maze in the Towers.

DiogoJ42 said:
Well, would you pay £6 a pop (or whatever it is) for something that used to be free?

Don't get me wrong, by the way, I'm very happy that it is now free. It's just that I can see this coming back to bite them if they want to charge again.

Car parking?.... ;)

1363435946.jpg

Credit to Towers Nerd

I see that the Burger Kitchen toilets in CCL have also been updated!

RustyRider said:
DiogoJ42 said:
Well, would you pay £6 a pop (or whatever it is) for something that used to be free?

Don't get me wrong, by the way, I'm very happy that it is now free. It's just that I can see this coming back to bite them if they want to charge again.

Car parking?.... ;)

Touche, sir.

I must say, from looking at the general updates coming from Towers Nerd, Facebook etc the park is looking good and has had some great closed season updates. :D

There are some rumours going around that Rita has had a 'failed launch' and that it will not reopen for the rest of the day.

Maintenance are apparently on site, but if this has happened, then this is worrying as it's the second problem Rita has had in two seasons...

A failed launch (if it happened) wouldn't be a horrific event anyway. In the same way that Stealth has rollbacks when it's launch fails :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Argh Rita tunnel FTL! I thought it had GONE. But at least the TH13TEEN shutter was working today :D

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)