• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

French mini documentary about Food & Beverage at Europa-Park, including a behind the scenes look at FoodLoop, Jack's Deli and See-Restaurant. Just shows how seriously they take decent food!

Having rode Arthur earlier today, I'd like to say that the POV doesn't do it justice AT ALL! I thought it was a cracking ride for a family ride, the queue line is immersive and the ride throws up some pleasant surprises!

There's also a new luggage hold...you get given a ticket, scan it and a locker opens. When you get off, scan the ticket again and it opens on the other side (similar to PBB but incorporated into the queue).

Anyway....best get on as I've got a beer on the go and dinner at harbour side shortly :)

@ Graeme : Nice to hear you agree that Arthur is way better in person ;)

Although feedback from people who actually rode Arthur (and not just judging by POV) is very positive with little exceptions...just want to give away that Park manager Miro Gronau and Roland Mack both said that they are highly motivated to improve Arthur furthermore...

Noted today that the ride uses NFC technology on it's restraints.

There are 2 staff members walking the conveyor both wearing wrist bands. One scans the wrist band behind the seat to lower the bars then the other checks them and scans his band to lock them! From what I can see the ride operator does next to nothing and it's all down to the platformers

Oh, so these aren't the standard Mack restraints then? They have to be pulled down by hand.

No they scan the NFC and all the bars on that row lower, don't physically pull them at all.

When you board, you're directed to cross your arms over your chest...only when everyone's arms are crossed will the bars be lowered.

I have been scanning some of the german EP forums for general views on Arthur - and they're mixed. Here's a summary based on about 12-15 posts:

- The general consensus is that the main hall feels smaller than would have been good. That said, it is also accepted that this is down to space
- The unthemed (lighting rigs etc.) ceiling is generally viewed as quite a significant negative
- The queue line for the main ride is not as impressive as Wodan (although my own views here are that this was always going to be tricky, given that quite honestly Wodan is only really surpassed in terms of theming by the Harry Potter rides)
- Too many places on the main ride are just painted walls or bare walls, i.e. when you do the first turn at the start of the ride before the screen
+ The ride system is exceptional. Nobody is even suggesting anything critical of this
+ It won't take much to make Arthur into a genuine top-class dark ride, rather than merely a good one
+ The baggage system is second to none
+ The flight over the hall is superb, as you are only looking down towards the theming, rather than up at a bare ceiling

Either way, the park are still working on Arthur and, as much as it is open for all now - they haven't officially opened it. No doubt this will come in the next few weeks.

:)

Pretty much - although quality of aninatronics isn't something I have found mentioned.

It's effectively that Arthur is a good ride, but it needs some more before it's great.

I'm sure the Macks will keep working on it!

Fascinating little documentary about Hotel El Andaluz by Dutch fansite De Vijf Zintuigen. I'm quite shocked at the production values of this fansite video, it looks like it's been produced by the park themselves!

I've never seen the EP official in this video before, the assistant director of hotels. He's a lot of fun and knows his stuff! Any guesses on who the mystery guest who stayed in the Spanish suite is? :)

Another lovely little video from De Vijf Zintuigen! Some nice little facts included in it too, it really is fantastic to see the hotels doing so well. Great to get a sneak peak of some of the suits too! :D

Any guesses on who the mystery guest who stayed in the Spanish suite is? :)

I'm not entirely sure, but rumor and legend has it... That it was the great @AstroDan himself!! Shhhh though, don't tell anybody or they'll all want to stay there. ;)

Really like the new style rooms in El Andaluz, they look much brighter and more inviting. I'm probably one of the few that actually didn't mind the old rooms though, I know many weren't a fan. Although I can't remember exactly since it was a good few years ago that we saw them, I think I preferred the styles of the old suites rather than the new. They seem a little too different to the theme of the rest of the hotel for my liking. Still great though, just a personal preference.

I can't overstate enough how important it is that they're finally getting round to putting air conditioning in though. The old rooms can be massively uncomfortable at night, especially when you have 4 boozed up TST'ers getting some kip overnight in them! The Arthur room is a bit too Merlin for me, hate those vinyls on the walls. Still nice to have some rooms dedicated to attractions though I guess :).

It's effectively that Arthur is a good ride, but it needs some more before it's great.

I do not understand this to be honest. Knowing MANY reports myself and talking to many people who rode it it`s clear that some want the whole complex to be bigger and some want more theming to be added. So of course it doesn`t meet EVERYBODYS expectations. But saying it still needs some work to bedone until it`s a GREAT ride ? Sorry, but for that statement I`d say that there are far too many people (just look at the two TT menbers reviews !) who actually LOVE Arthur already.

MAYBE when everythings finished Arthur will meet even more peoples expectations. Miro Gronau and the Macks stated, that they`re highly motivated to further improve the ride.

Still I´d say Arhur is already a GREAT ride...and many of those who know it in person would agree with that ! ;)

Well, possibly :) - but I am trying to keep my expectations fairly grounded. I love Europa-Park more than any other park, so I really hope it is great - certainly some elements look really delightful.

:)

I am keeping my expectations grounded also. What I do know is that this time in three weeks I will be somewhere in Europe travelling to EP to ride it! :D

It is great, no doubt about it. And it is already popular for guests, I remember hearing guest being very impressed by what they see, and during the ride.
But it could be improved, and I hope they will do it.