• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

Most odd music selection of all time? The entire ride is based around a fairytale, and is accompanied throughout by a sweeping orchestral score....apart from the 20 seconds where they play Dr Dre..?! :p

The perfect usage of that music has already been made anyway:

The music is the same as in the film.

Paradise Alley is a slightly sleazy, uneasy place.

Snoop Dogg is in the films as one of the main characters here.

The music is the same as in the film.

Paradise Alley is a slightly sleazy, uneasy place.

Snoop Dogg is in the films as one of the main characters here.

Fantastic...

This must follow the plot of the first film, where you join Arthur and journey through this random world, before defeating the villain at the end...

From the UK perspective, where no-one saw the film, it's no surprise why it appears to have minimal/no plot...

In the film, you travel through Paradise Alley into the Rat Attack scene.

:)

I have not watched the POV and don't think I plan to as I will be riding this in just over a month. Judging a dark ride well from a POV is almost impossible, you do get get any sense of the atmosphere or proper surroundings. It's why I have also never watched a Forbidden Journey POV, assuming there is one, as I want to experience it first hand.

Regardless of what I have or have not seen there is no way this was ever or is ever going to be comparable to a Disney or Universal dark ride. The budgets and experience in dark rides are vastly different. Disney and Universal have been making top class dark rides for quite a while and I would say dark rides are the hardest of all to get right so all that experience and expertise is vital. Also dark rides are very expensive (hence we haven't ever seen a proper Merlin transit system dark ride), £19 million seems like nothing compared to what others spend.

Also it has been said here that EP have promoted this as some sort of epic top level dark ride that could compare to say Disney. Have they? Unless I've completely missed it the promotions I've seen show it as a ride that takes you into the film and doesn't show any crazy game changing effects or the like.

Must say that POV looks delightful.

It's not up to the dizzy heights of Disney or Universal but nobody expected it to be with EPs budgets. It looks very fun, the outside section looks quite fast and I absolutely adore the look of the flyover through the new indoor area - very very pretty.

Whole thing looks worth riding for the Paradise Alley scene alone though haha!

Does this still let you spin the car yourself or has that been removed?

I can't see why you would want or need to spin it yourself. Surely a ride like this only works if you are facing the intended direction?

As far as I knew, you were going to be able to spin it yourself on the main outdoor section.

Unsure if it's actually like that though.

I have just watched some of the new POV's posted today:

The ride has several smoke effects and also some fire in the Evil M scene just before the second outdoor section. It also seems to be changing up/down speeds more frequently than it was on the POV yesterday. Quite interesting.

Part of the extended outdoor queueline (which is only used on busy days) can also be seen at the start of the following general video, which features the wider themed area:

I'm amazed that they used the explicit version of still dre. I'm sure I heard the n word twice and the f word once.

Or in most countries in Europe... They quite simply dont care about it all... Even Walibi had the odd swear in one of their shows...
I guess it's understandable since it isn't the first language, I mean if someone ran about shouting 'merde' or 'scheißer' here nobody would bat an eyelid :p

I guess it's understandable since it isn't the first language, I mean if someone ran about shouting 'merde' or 'scheißer' here nobody would bat an eyelid :p

It's more of a culture thing I think rather than a language issue, as most of our European cousins speak better English than actual English people...

They're just more mature than us, hence why you see adverts for films on tv with boobs or violence (including Sky Movies)... Or such films on at 10am...

Based on the videos I have seen, Arthur seems to be getting around 1,200pph at present.

Not bad for soft opening.

Arthur getting improved constantly. I wonder what will be added futher. During the last few days they added some strong fog effects which I really do like :)

It's more of a culture thing I think rather than a language issue, as most of our European cousins speak better English than actual English people...

They're just more mature than us, hence why you see adverts for films on tv with boobs or violence (including Sky Movies)... Or such films on at 10am...

It's simple.... They don't have the Daily Mail.

Later POV's are looking more promising

I've still not seen a POV but it's good to hear that things are improving. As this only is a soft opening at present I suppose it is still a "testing" phase where they can make modifications and additions up until opening. And knowing EP they will keep making additions after it opens as with Wodan where new stuff was added on a daily basis at first!

I rode Arthur earlier today and absolutely loved it! Not sure what time it opened, but it was running when we arrived at 11.30. The queue was advertised as 20 mins, but wast actually 50. I will say that the POVs don't do the ride justice, and when you enter the hall for the first time, you really appreciate how massive this project is. The ride system itself is great fun, and the highlight is definitely the part where you fly over the main atrium. It's a brilliant ride, and I'm hoping to do it again tomorrow!