2014: General Discussion

James

TS Founding Member
Disney enthusiasts get excited over everything and anything. If they installed a new tap above a sink people would bow down and praise the quality and achievement of a new tap installation. :p
 

Bob

TS Member
James said:
Disney enthusiasts get excited over everything and anything. If they installed a new tap above a sink people would bow down and praise the quality and achievement of a new tap installation. :p
electricBlll said:
Yes but that's in the USA, we aren't allowed to be happy in Britain.

You must read different Disney forums to me then! Every thing that seems to get done at Magic Kingdom in particular is meticulously scrutinised. I remember the 100 page topic when the main street bakery was turned into a Starbucks and nearly all the posts were about how Disney had ruined their childhood.

The Alton Towers criticisms are tame compared to what Disney seems to get from its fans.
 

Dave

TS Founding Member
delta79 said:
Its an achievement to get a new tap installed in the loos at alton.
;)

They have had 1 toilet block (and the women's x-sector toilets) refurb'd and new loo's built in CBeebies so tap wise it's been a good season :)

Think everyone has said that these are mostly things that should happen every year but when it hasn't for 5 seasons it's encouraging that it is now.
 

delta79

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis, Air
I am just glad we don't have the old marketing lead. 'New taps in the loos, bring in the tap dancers' :D
 

thefatone

TS Member
Dave said:
delta79 said:
Its an achievement to get a new tap installed in the loos at alton.
;)

They have had 1 toilet block (and the women's x-sector toilets) refurb'd and new loo's built in CBeebies so tap wise it's been a good season :)
You've forgotten the Forbidden Valley toilets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loads of work seemingly happened now, it's quite encouraging.
 

Dave

TS Founding Member
thefatone said:
Dave said:
delta79 said:
Its an achievement to get a new tap installed in the loos at alton.
;)

They have had 1 toilet block (and the women's x-sector toilets) refurb'd and new loo's built in CBeebies so tap wise it's been a good season :)
You've forgotten the Forbidden Valley toilets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the one toilet block i was refering too :D
 

JordanC

TS Member
Few things I've noticed from around the resort today!

  • The red bits on the nemesis creature have had a bit of a touch up in areas, as well a few holes in the fibre glass being filled in as well.
  • Duel is looking fantastic this season! I don't think I noticed one broken effect!
  • Dark forest looks more dismal than ever.
  • The Smiler seemed a tad smoother than usual.
  • The slight modifications to the pirate show were welcoming, as were the new roaming ents at the bottom of towers street.
  • Smoke machine wasn't working in the octogan on Hex.

All in all I was impressed with the minor changes implemented over the closed season. :)
 

Olii

TS Member
From Towers Facebook;

Are you visiting us today? Take advantage of an extra hour of Theme Park fun with rides staying open until 6pm!

It... It finally happened... :O

Also, in the comments they mentioned that they will be staying open until 6:30 tomorrow!
 

Dave

TS Founding Member
it was always planned to open at 6pm today, the issue is they wont extend opening when the park is busier than usual... Which is just dumb.
 

John

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
According to ridetimes.co.uk Nemesis Sub Terra, Rapids & Flume are all already open, and all have a bit of a queue - looks set to be busy today.
 

Dave

TS Founding Member
Dave said:
it was always planned to open at 6pm today, the issue is they wont extend opening when the park is busier than usual... Which is just dumb.

Actually I was wrong they have extended from 5pm till 6pm.

You do have to question why a bank holiday was 5pm though, I know they are not as busy as some would expect but still!
 

Burbs

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Untamed - Walibi Holland
I suppose they were expecting awful whether. I mean it is a bank holiday. Apparently they're open 'til 6 on Tuesday as well which is not a bank holiday.

Looks like they haven't thought this through tbh.

vwcEVzo.png
 

Maelstrom

TS Member
From past experience the tues following a bank holiday is often busy (in many cases busier than the actual bank hol) and Staffordshire and Derbyshire schools aren't back to school until Monday 28th April.
 

Balb0wa

TS Member
Good of towers to extend, i bet they wished they had left it at 5pm with the amount of abuse they are getting on facebook, people just like to moan.

Folks moaning about the price to get in, how many pay full price, if you have a pass its great value, by 5pm ive had enough, and i bet most parents have as well, just a select few with too much fizzy pop in them running about ;D
 

Burbs

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Untamed - Walibi Holland
Why are they getting abuse for extending opening time? Surely that's a GOOD thing.

And I hope it's not as busy as @Maelstrom makes out on Tuesday. Meh, if it is, everyone will be off to Smiler, and I'll just whore Blivvy and Nemmy. ;)
 

Balb0wa

TS Member
Tuesday will be busy, schools still off here, a lot of places don't have good Friday off and have the Tuesday instead, il go again when the schools go back :D
 

Burbs

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Untamed - Walibi Holland
Schools were off this week as well though. :/

Meh, we'll just have to wait and see.
 
Top