• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

Aww, I know GaryH's post was tongue in cheek - but he literally did basically say Submission died by saying it reached the end of it's shelf life. Nothing to hide there!

Tis nice to see a Q&A from him!

Towers family restaurant AKA Towers family grill still has a lot of work for it to open on the 24th, looking inside not a lot seems to have happened with it yet.

10366324_682674845136296_551429225234420156_n.jpg

So it opens next weekend and it doesn't look anywhere near complete. They've only had the whole closed season and two months of the main season to do it! I assume they must have been doing other works inside?

:)

Obviously not seen the rest of the restaurant but a counter once you have the base down and electrics ready takes less than a day to put up. So it's not drastic a job to get finished.

Well no, but at the moment it looks more like they are building a form of office rather than a theme park restaurant! Will wait until it's finished obviously although you'd like to hope there might be some sort of theming.

Rob said:
Well no, but at the moment it looks more like they are building a form of office rather than a theme park restaurant! Will wait until it's finished obviously although you'd like to hope there might be some sort of theming.

Yeah, complete with classic office dropped ceiling. That wood finish is so 00's as well ;)

The restaurant looks just as unfinished. The top half looks the same as last season, except it has no furniture at the moment, they have painted one of the walls a dark purple colour, but it still has same floor and lights. Bottom half didn't look much different except for a new ceiling and that counter. I hope they get a new floor as well, as them brown tiles look so outdated.

Angry Birds Land doesn't look finished either and that opens next weekend...

It wouldn't be a Merlin project without it being pushed to the wire for opening now would it?

According to the new Parents and Toddlers park map Towers St. Bar and Grill is "ideal for breakfast, lunch and dinner", and it will be open till late. That sounds promising, by late they had better mean later than ride close!

With it's position I can definitely see it being open until after ride close.

Unlike Woodcutters which is far from the entrance, it's in an ideal location by CBeebies and the gates for it to be open until the last guest finishes their meals really.

So today; relatively busy on park, beautiful hot and sunny weather, 5pm ride close that was not extended. Baffling!

Rob said:
So today; relatively busy on park, beautiful hot and sunny weather, 5pm ride close that was not extended. Baffling!

Strange, ride times.co.uk still showed some queue times at 5:20. :/

I guess it might have been partly because despite the beautiful weather and number of people about - queues never reached ridiculous levels tbh

They ought to add an hour if the weather is like that.

There were over 10,000 guests yesterday which a few years ago would have been 5.30pm.

With closed outlets and 11am rides on top it's become clear the park cannot afford to run itself.

You couldn't even get ice creams in half the park. I literally saw punters being turned away.

Pillocks. Who makes these decisions? The equivalent ill performance of a teacher would lead to capability procedures.

I think it's time Merlin went on them.

Rob said:

Your kidding me? I left before 5pm, but any staff I spoke to assumed the ride-close would be extended to AT LEAST 5:30, many were expecting 6. It can't be staffing problems then...

The rumour of extended ride close was running around because staff expected it based on attendance and weather but it never actually happened. It seems a lot like everything is being cut to save for CBeebies Land opening. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot more open and later too once the new land opens.