• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

Regarding the MAP scanning situation, yesterday I got straight through the turnstiles without having to queue up at the disabled entrance. Now I think about it, I can't remember whether I scanned my own pass or if a certain Sanbrooke manually scanned it. :p

So TowersStreet posted this to their Facebook page earlier:

1932438_745247525545694_3663544186639783978_n.jpg

Why on earth have they put the worlds biggest bed sheet over an already ugly scaffold structure? They clearly have no idea what they want to achieve with 'Dark Forest'. Towers, please sort it out!!

:)

Scarefest preparation? Otherwise what would applying an oversized bed sheet to an already out of place crop of scaffolding accomplish?

It's hardly scary nor theming if it is for Scarefest. Unless they plan on projecting something onto it at night.

Here are a few updates from TS Facebook this weekend:

On ride photos are currently half price at £5 (which I think is pretty good value really and is what you would pay at most parks abroad):
14965_746068748796905_5362744830610849583_n.jpg

Enterprise (or Oblivion as the rather odd sign says :p) is currently closed. I imagine it must be quite major if they have gone to the effort of putting a fence around it:
10610930_745722035498243_6444098976531039068_n.jpg

It's good to see that they've realised photos are ridicuously overpriced at the moment and reduced them to £5. However I wish they actually made the real price cheaper to £5-£6 permanently and not have big red sale/discount signs around the place. They're are constantly found in Towers Trading and other shops for when Towers have ordered too much of certain merch for the price they initally decided to sell it at. A prime example is the big glass Smiler paperweight. I'm all for discounts but it just looks cheap and tacky the way that Towers go about it.

I fully expect some to say "how can you moan about them making things cheaper". My argument is that they should be cheaper in the first place!

Oh of course. They'll be back at full price for Scarefest at the very latest. This discount is just proof that they have not been selling as well. I used to buy loads of ORPs at Towers, now I can't remember the last one I bought.

Here are a few updates from TS Facebook this weekend:
Enterprise (or Oblivion as the rather odd sign says :p) is currently closed. I imagine it must be quite major if they have gone to the effort of putting a fence around it:
10610930_745722035498243_6444098976531039068_n.jpg

Anyone else think this means Enterprise is being removed ready for a new attraction for 2015? If the Enterprise & Submission sites are combined, together with other space nearby there is actually quite a lot of room. Maybe we could see both a small thrill ride and a kids ride for 2015?

Anyone else think this means Enterprise is being removed ready for a new attraction for 2015? If the Enterprise & Submission sites are combined, together with other space nearby there is actually quite a lot of room. Maybe we could see both a small thrill ride and a kids ride for 2015?

To put it simply, no. Chances are it's somewhat buggered considering how old it is and I would imagine that it will leave the park soon. But I can't see it going until they are ready to replace it and I'm certain that will not be 2015. 2015 will be a small investment year after the last three we have had. Hopefully we might be a replacement around 2017.

2015 will be a small investment year after the last three we have had.

Is a flat ride not a small investment? ;-)
I see 2015 as a small year too and they cannot remove two thrill rides (Submission and Enterprise, assuming it is broke) without a replacement. Therefore I expect a small thrill next year in addition to a small extension of Cbeebies.

I don't think Enterprise will be removed at the end of the year, unless of course there is a problem that's going to cost an absolute fortune to fix. I'm sure they'll sort whatever the issue is.

I can't see there being more than an addition to CBeebies Land next year.

If my understanding is correct, Enterprise is quite a basic ride, it can't be hard to get parts even if fabricated, to service a ride of which there's a fair few of remaining.

I'd be surprised to see it go, I can't imagine it's particularly difficult to maintain.

Like old motors really, until the chassis itself rusts or something, you can just keep bolting bits to it and keeping them running.

So Towers have appealed for guests who have visited this year to fill out an entertainments survey, which is perhaps one of the sectors that we can give them praise for. However the survey is immediately plagued on Question 1 by the inability of the oaf who designed the survey:

XvQwy12.png

Last edited:
... by the inability of the oath who designed the survey:

Rule number one of criticising the spelling of others: you will always make a mistake in your critique. :p

I've done the survey, but I haven't given them false hope. I don't want to say the entertainment is excellent and cause Merlin to reduce budgets and I don't want to say it's naff and cause Merlin to reduce budgets. So I've said it's adequate in the hope Merlin increase budgets for next year so it's even better.

Rule number one of criticising the spelling of others: you will always make a mistake in your critique. :p

It was more to do with the poor answer selection, noticeably the total lack of option for those aged between 16 and 23, as well as presenting those at the age of 25 with two options as opposed to one. I remember studying how to compose a survey at school, it really wasn't that difficult :p

They've responded on Twitter that the problem will be addressed.