• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

Why don't they want the opinions of enthusiasts? Surely we* know the parks much better than anyone else, and our constructive criticism should really be something they want so they can work from it.

*When I say "we", I mean all enthusiasts.
Because the ideas that an enthusiast has may not be the ideas or opinions that the hundreds of people watching a show may have. Surely it's best to have feedback from the majority of the guests you wish to appeal to, than the enthusiasts which leads to very few people watching the show (or berating it if they have)?

I'm as much of an enthusiast as anyone, but I can see why they'd want the majority opinion before making a change on something like this.

I really don't understand why you can't. It's not like the prices are higher at all during ScareFest.

I can see @Dave 's point...

Chessington's Azteca had a focus group and I know that all those who attended favoured TWO other plans over Azteca...putting it in third place. We still got Azteca.

The thing is, focus groups and surveys are sometimes done with a predetermined want/outcome by the company and yes, this shouldn't be the case at all.

On the flip side, research has been done with other MMM projects and has influenced the outcome. Nevertheless, this doesn't mean that because enthusiasts want to answer a questionnaire it will become invalid, but we do have to take into account that some surveys are for genuine "image" and analysis in terms of money/profit and others are for possible changes/additions.

It's not just Merlin, Team Disney Orlando are under fire a lot at the moment with the new Frozen /Maelstrom overlay, various ents cuts, sudden attractions closures and all sorts.

In every company, some surveys or feedback are for genuine consideration and others for pure business image. But regardless, enthusiast or not, your data is part of the overall collection and not discounted.

I thought it was great that they are releasing their Media Archive to the world :p Just wish the ride looked half as good as it does in that video today.

Ian

Hardly an 'archive' :p

I'm fairly sure the first 90% of that video is just YourDay stock footage which is pretty easy to find online, with a couple of new bits at the very end (Notice how the restraints magically turn from red to black ;) )

Seems really random. Maybe if this was a weekly thing (maybe it will be) then I would think "oh cool", but a random video of a flat ride, err, ok... At least there's some continual effort on social media this season nonetheless.

Or the total lack of something to do for the social media coordinator who therefore selected something randomly out of the media archive.

Turns out you can't use birthday club vouchers during Scarefest or Fireworks. REALLY annoying.
That is awful! A perk is a perk, and to mislead people into buying passes then not delivering the goods is not on at all and I suggest that anyone affected by this makes a complaint. Completely unacceptable.

That is awful! A perk is a perk, and to mislead people into buying passes then not delivering the goods is not on at all and I suggest that anyone affected by this makes a complaint. Completely unacceptable.
I will, and will be quoting a few of these posts in there too! Where do I make a formal complaint?

Also, I will be making a complaint about how you have to ring a premium rate number in order to get 50% off with the Premium MAP, when there should really be an online option.

I will, and will be quoting a few of these posts in there too! Where do I make a formal complaint?

Also, I will be making a complaint about how you have to ring a premium rate number in order to get 50% off with the Premium MAP, when there should really be an online option.
I would suggest sending them an email: http://www.altontowers.com/contact-us/feedback/general-enquiries/
You could also send them a Tweet (if they have Twitter) as that's visible to everyone so they would look bad if they didn't reply.

I already have tweeted them about it.

g2pMCwH.png

wSNWH3k.png

That really is appalling. Why should you have to give them more money when your intention when phoning is to give them money? Grrr, Merlin know how to rile me up!

So Full Price is £49.20
BOGOF/241 Voucher's full price is £44.60, which is £22.30 each.
(I have a feeling the above is £44.60, get second half price but where did the £44.60 come from?)
50% F&F is £23 each. So what price is this 50% of?

Anyone want to try and clear this up?

Still ridiculous that you can not use Merlin Premium Pass Birthday vouchers during Scarefest or Fireworks. Merlin need to take the Apple approach to T&Cs.

And compare this to parks across Europe, such as EP where children get in free on their birthdays, or Phantasiland where anyone can get in free on thier birthday, it is just sad.

Ian

So Full Price is £49.20
BOGOF/241 Voucher's full price is £44.60, which is £22.30 each.
(I have a feeling the above is £44.60, get second half price but where did the £44.60 come from?)
50% F&F is £23 each. So what price is this 50% of?

Anyone want to try and clear this up?

Still ridiculous that you can not use Merlin Premium Pass Birthday vouchers during Scarefest or Fireworks. Merlin need to take the Apple approach to T&Cs.

Ian
Apple approach?

It really is ridiculous, especially how the full price has not been raised at all for SF/Fireworks. My birthday is November 7th, right at the very end of the season, and I'd rather be spending it at a decent theme park rather then a whoop-dee-doo SEALIFE Sanctuary.

My birthday is in December so I cant use them whatsoever.

In addition - I GUARANTEE that when you ring the premium 10p per minute number, that you will get the usual message saying "due to high call volumes" and you will wait at least 5 minutes to get through. No matter when I call the number whatever time of day it is, I get that message. I think they only have 1 person answering all the calls.... I wonder why....