• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

Survey didn't really give you many choices. It's a bit hard to fill these things in as you know if you rate everything low then it's guaranteed Pete Cliff and co will get little to no backing in future. Here's what I wrote: "The entertainment currently is good. But nothing more. The park needs new shows, more characters, even a new indoor venue. Something like the former ice show arena and Cred Street Theatre.. a big production show that forms as the big focal point of Alton Towers' entertainments offerings".

Hopefully managers are reading our comments on here anyway. Ents I think is good, it has improved no end since 2008, going from nothing to a good pirates show, roaming actors, mini-shows such as the Bravo Band (why didn't they return this year?!) and even hotel ents such as A-Band-On Ship (who really do add an amazing atmosphere during the holidays). But despite all that ents feels very lacking.. they need more. CBeebies Land was a good step ahead for ents this year, but sadly most of that would have been orchestrated by the BBC.

I think the park really needs a 'big' show, something that all guests want to rush to and see. It needs to be indoors, a big building and house a big production show that forms as a focal point of your day at the theme park. I know enthusiasts like me constantly bring up those dreaded words 'ice show', but really that's the kind of scale they need to aim for as ents next big leap. It doesn't need to be an ice show, it simply needs to be an indoor arena with a big stage. But really there are endless ideas they could play with and I think the crowds are certainly there ready and waiting. I believe the ents team at Towers, with more staff of course, could really pull off a big production show.

Ents feels very much at a standstill at the moment, in terms of home-grown creations. It's time some leaps are made.

I know what you mean about a big show and I think losing Cred Street theatre to a 4D hasn't helped in the selection of venues. But I would rather they focused on providing great entertainment in the Cbeebies arena and the Pirate show as well as walk around. I think those two shows cover most of the people who will watch a show. Also as you said keeping the standard high in the hotel is also important.

I can guarantee now that the survey has been posted on here that it won't be used. Towers don't want the opinion of enthusiasts, we are seen as an anomaly. Generally when they want our opinion they do it through MAP holder questions....

... Not saying we shouldn't fill these out, just saying posting it on forums will guarantee them not using it so maybe more subtlety is required :)

... Not saying we shouldn't fill these out, just saying posting it on forums will guarantee them not using it so maybe more subtlety is required :)

But this is a forum about Alton Towers, Dave! If there's something that Towers are doing in public, then it's bound to end up here (and they know that as well as we do).

If they are really so keen as to exclude enthusiasts, then they'll be doing some private research like focus groups or something.

Why don't they want the opinions of enthusiasts? Surely we* know the parks much better than anyone else, and our constructive criticism should really be something they want so they can work from it.

*When I say "we", I mean all enthusiasts.

Why don't they want the opinions of enthusiasts? Surely we* know the parks much better than anyone else, and our constructive criticism should really be something they want so they can work from it.

*When I say "we", I mean all enthusiasts.

We're a minority, and at times we're considered a nuisance by Towers/Merlin. Merlin is run for profits and profits only, not to generate a genuine experience for guests and or particularly enthusiasts to enjoy. Some parks are exceptional at making us feel special (take Liseberg and the wonderful Mr Andreas for example), and these parks tend to be the ones where heart and soul are invested into the parks.

At the end of the day, Towers know where to find our feedback. But sadly, we're the ones who've had to force it on them in the most noticeable cases in order to obtain a result.

Bit pointless having Alton Towers forums if we should be subtly giving them opinions. We are guests after all, not some mutants that are irrelevant to the human world. Just because we have a keen interest in something makes it pretty unfair to be excluded on that basis... but meh. Under Merlin I don't expect ents or any part of Towers to improve to any great extent for the foreseeable future.

In other news, Fireworks page on Alton Towers website has been updated gradually throughout the day, and is now linked on the website header. http://www.altontowers.com/events/fireworks/

Only things of interest, it mentions the fireworks show will have a story. Few 'packages' on there too with meals, and of course the VIP package is back at £99 (without AP discount).

Bit pointless having Alton Towers forums if we should be subtly giving them opinions. We are guests after all, not some mutants that are irrelevant to the human world. Just because we have a keen interest in something makes it pretty unfair to be excluded on that basis... but meh. Under Merlin I don't expect ents or any part of Towers to improve to any great extent for the foreseeable future.

In other news, Fireworks page on Alton Towers website has been updated gradually throughout the day, and is now linked on the website header. http://www.altontowers.com/events/fireworks/

Only things of interest, it mentions the fireworks show will have a story. Few 'packages' on there too with meals, and of course the VIP package is back at £99 (without AP discount).

Do MAP holders have to to get into Towers for the fireworks ? Im a little confused?

Just on the merlin theme, caI pay the diffrence and upgrad one of our MAP std's to premium beffore renewal ? we have only just got them, but the car paking perk would save us a bomb, not bothered about fastrack etc hence the reason to only upgrade one.

But this is a forum about Alton Towers, Dave! If there's something that Towers are doing in public, then it's bound to end up here (and they know that as well as we do).

If they are really so keen as to exclude enthusiasts, then they'll be doing some private research like focus groups or something.

Im sure they use many methods.

Just been reading the fireworks pages, interesting to see Squirrel Nutty will be making a return..!

http://www.altontowers.com/events/fireworks/ said:
Please note selected rides will close at dusk - including the Sky Ride, The Flume and Squirrel Nutty.

Its got Get Set Go on some pages, but also Squirrel Nutty on others!

Another good deal is this:

http://www.altontowers.com/events/fireworks/ said:
Theme Park + Fireworks + Mean at The Burger Kitchen

Abuse from live actors serving your meal? Atrociously small portions or inedible cardboard food? Actually, this 'mean' version of The Burger Kitchen is starting to sound identical to its all round season incarnation...

It makes you think if they hired a team of chimps to do their marketing, they'd do a better job than the team they have now.

Well we know Alton Towers (And people linked with them) read this forum (Hello Mr.Alton Towers :D) so i'm sure it will get correctly soon. Just seems like they really have no form of prof reading or anything with the amount of mistakes the have on their websites, leaflets, maps, etc.

I don't understand the VIP package for AP holders. £99 includes park entry (which I'm sure they will consider to be at the full online rate) but you only get a 10% discount? And VIP pass holders only 20%? Surely that pass should include it altogether.

Yet another rip off.

Turns out you can't use birthday club vouchers during Scarefest or Fireworks. REALLY annoying.

Reactions: jmc