• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

It's one of the broken game machines, where you press the button and the ball always lands in the same zone. Has always been like that IIRC.

Do you know, I have never even seen that? I assumed given the state it was just some box housing some of the workings or such like.

If that is a game, it doesn't look very fun! Is it shut or something lol?

No, it's not shut, that is the back of the box where the game is... ;)

You're essentially looking through a window at it.

Haunted Hollow theming looks great. Not a fan of the black fence in front of it, but I guess that's a small price to pay and the theming will last longer that way.

Didn't think it was worth starting a new topic for this so will post it here:

Anyone else feel the new exit path from hex completely ruins the experience? You can literally see the warehouse as you come back on yourself. Not very immersing is it? Plus it was a way of actually getting people to see the towers and its gardens and really appreciate it. Anyone know the reason they changed it and if they will change it back?

:)

Didn't think it was worth starting a new topic for this so will post it here:

Anyone else feel the new exit path from hex completely ruins the experience? You can literally see the warehouse as you come back on yourself. Not very immersing is it? Plus it was a way of actually getting people to see the towers and its gardens and really appreciate it. Anyone know the reason they changed it and if they will change it back?

It's only temporary due to TotT and The Santuary's queue lines taking up Her Ladyship's Gardens where you normally exit. It's been like this for several years now around Scarefest.

It's only temporary due to TotT and The Santuary's queue lines taking up Her Ladyship's Gardens where you normally exit. It's been like this for several years now around Scarefest.

It seems as if it spends more time in the "temporary" queue state than not these days though. It does ruin the experience, especially as you walk past the Octagon/cinema room on the way out and can hear the audio through the walls.

I've never seen the drum room when coming out of the temporary SF exit line. I'll have to have a better look on Saturday.

I've never liked the temporary exit. It ruins the magic of Hex and gives it away that you were just in a warehouse and not the Towers.

There's nothing they can do though to get around it. Just one of those things us nitpickers have to put up with. :p

Just to clarify, the temporary exit is the one that's essentially a narrow alleyway down the side of the Towers, which brings you out near Driving School, and on Fountain Square?

Just to clarify, the temporary exit is the one that's essentially a narrow alleyway down the side of the Towers, which brings you out near Driving School, and on Fountain Square?

Indeed it is.

Indeed it is.

Oh, there's a nice fenced off area down there with old signs and stuff.

Not a very high quality image, but an image nonetheless. It's a snapshot from a video I took, so you can probably appreciate how low quality it is.

2cqk9oh.png

I remember using the normal exit in July as we went straight into the Towers for a general stroll straight after.

The problem is during Feb half term the towers are still usually closed. And then they close them in August for scarefest prperations (got knows why it takes two months to set them up!).

It would be a bit better with the temp exit if they had a higher fence that blocks the view of the green shed you have walked out of. There is a bit of a fence there but its not high enough.

Following on from some earlier comments about Dule I included it in my visit yesterday and I have to day there is life in the old girl yet, I specifically looked for lights out and saw no obvious ones, the whole thing still looked in really good condition for its age, far better than CATCF which is just due for the bin!

Following on from some earlier comments about Dule I included it in my visit yesterday and I have to day there is life in the old girl yet, I specifically looked for lights out and saw no obvious ones, the whole thing still looked in really good condition for its age, far better than CATCF which is just due for the bin!
Did you use the blasters? If you don't, then it's much less immersive, and does quite frankly look like a warehouse inside!

I agree.

I appreciate the ride far more without blasters.

Remember Tom - when it was the Haunted House, it didn't have the strobes and was FAR darker. You didn't notice it was a warehouse then.