• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

I love what they've done to X-Sell. I think it's a really positive change, especially given that as Buy The Smiler had just opened up opposite the cracks were really showing.

Corner Coffee... Hmmm. I love what they've done to it, except the bricks. I understand that they've done it to try and create a transition to CBeebies Land, but I think the thing that spoils it is where they've painted random bricks on the plaster pieces of the building. They look a bit daft, as it's obvious that there aren't meant to be bricks there. If they'd just done it on the stone bits I think I'd like it much more.

All in all though some nice renovations going on this season it seems. It's always nice to see new, positive improvements :)

I am just shocked that they have done something decent down the xsector, Big pat on the back for once!!!!

CoasterCrazyChris said:
Bob said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
New TVs - simply to sell more merchandise.

Yes.. well.. it is in a shop. So I'd expect nothing less. ;D

I just fail to see how there are any real genuine improvements.
So a tired shop that was getting a bit worn out has had a repaint, new flooring and some new interactive elements and it's not a genuine improvement?

No wonder people think all enthusiasts do is moan...

The shop looks nicely done. Most shops in theme parks feel generic so this isn't offensive in any way. They've done a good job!

Its a shame that they did this well with removing submission, yet they don't seem to care about the fence next to the bridge. The word consistency springs to mind.

Quick question. If they smiler queue has changed does that mean that they have got rid of that awful gaged bit underneath the ride.

Slugjc said:
Quick question. If they smiler queue has changed does that mean that they have got rid of that awful gaged bit underneath the ride.

I'm afraid not no! The new bits of queue are merely an extension due to it constantly requiring temporary queue outside of the main entrance last season.

:)

James said:

Yes I've seen that! I'm surprised that CBEEBEES LAAAND isn't slightly faded out like some areas are on the FHT map with 'Coming May 2014!' on it. If I was none the wiser, I'd've assumed CBeebies Land was open and be disappointed when there's still work going on!

Tom.B said:
James said:

Yes I've seen that! I'm surprised that CBEEBEES LAAAND isn't slightly faded out like some areas are on the FHT map with 'Coming May 2014!' on it. If I was none the wiser, I'd've assumed CBeebies Land was open and be disappointed when there's still work going on!
Considering where it says 'Cbeebies Land' on the map it also says 'Opening May 2014' - I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

These improvements are good.

However, I have to point out that the vast majority of improvements within the park are made to things where you can part with more cash. Corner Coffee, X-Sell, Towers Family Restaurant, Towers Trading, the Box Office... all these refurbs and building projects are being made to places on park where you can spend money.

It'd be nice to see some refurbishments that didn't have this direct profit motive but were done more to improve the product overall, ride refurbishments and the like. :)

The game next to CCL where you get in an inflatable ball and run around a small paddling pool full of water.

In a nutshell...

KingNemesis said:
The game next to CCL where you get in an inflatable ball and run around a small paddling pool full of water.

In a nutshell...

For about £10 a step, don't forget. ;)

Oh right, nice to see that battle beam is there. Me and my friends have loads of fun on those sort of games!

Lewis said:
Oh right, nice to see that battle beam is there. Me and my friends have loads of fun on those sort of games!

You must be really wealthy to afford them!