• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: 40th Anniversary

Dunno why they don't just make the Euro-Mir queueline go through the model of the space station/make it completely indoors...

Then again, some of the coaster queues at the park are terrible, EuroSat and Silver Star for example...

Sat isn't so bad because if they are running it properly you never stop moving. A full queue is only 20-25 minutes. But yeah, some of their older queues are rather dire.

EP will be spending a fraction of that on this, but euro-for-euro they may get a much better attraction, if this is any good. Arthur is a good ride, but on a euro-for-euro basis, it's pretty poor.

I disagree. Arthur is hardly a world class dark ride but euro-for-euro it is far better than Ratatouille at DLP (€25 million vs €100-150 million). They did well with the relatively small budget for a major dark ride.
Lovely

Gardaland are building a roller coaster for 2015

Thank you

Oops off topic

And? What does that actually add or mean? Carowinds are building a massive B&M giga. Alton Towers are building a kids coaster. Chessington are getting some penguins. Parks in China are getting a load of awesome things. Australia are missing out on everything. None of that really means anything though.

There are clearly a lot of reservations about what appears to be a 360 cinema. That is understandable, it's hardly the most exciting ride in the world. However let's not forget what else EP are getting:

- New 4D film
- New dark ride section for Whale Adventures
- Travelators from car parks to entrance
- New beer garden for an in park restaurant
- Modifications to flat ride
- New parade
- New hotel entrance
- New theming/styling for Euro Tower

Then there will no doubt be other works around the park; painting, upkeep etc and new shows/entertainment. This is all the year after the park's largest ever investment, Arthur. And in the year before another rumoured major investment. Not bad hey?

I get why a lot of this has come up. It is percieved that many people believe that EP can do no wrong. My post probably isn't helping with that. Of course they should come in for criticism when they do things badly. However that is very rare. Their new attractions in recent years have generally been very good. Because of this they have earnt the right to be given the benefit of the doubt over new attractions, especially with something that may be temporary. Yes it may be a load of rubbish and if so I will say so. There is an equal chance that it may be a lovely addition. Time will tell.

And for some ballance. Yes some of the queues are pretty dire but thankfully you move very quickly in them. I don't see any merit in trying to pick faults in what I believe is the best theme park in the world.

:)

@Rob

It was a tongue in cheek response to Dans post that suggested we just state what EP are doing and leave it at that. Simply pointing out we could do that with any new addition.

You have read a bit too much into it.

Hey Guys. Sorry, but some of you must be very bored, right ? Is it winterblues ? Is there a good reason to complain that much about that tent thingy ? Without having an idea what will be inside ?

How about visiting the park when it´s open again, looking at everything that`s new alltogether, experiencing the new tent thingy...and THEN continue with judging or whatever...?

Hello all,

I have been considering visiting during the midnight opening, but am currently trying to look up some photos of Europa in the dark, (hopefully) nicely lit up, and have so far been unsuccessful. I figured you folks would be the best to ask!

Thanks!

Krispy, I think you should take a look at some of the EP trip reports that were posted on Theme Park Review...

Posted by El Andaluz.

1960761_921797701185625_1024529660407531752_o.jpg

And the work on refurbishing the restaurant:

10960182_829134903826836_5545656027884924433_o.jpg

10947371_829135027160157_7613895409446433696_o.jpg

10952156_829135297160130_7039180969441628751_o.jpg

And the food in the new meat-at-your-table restaurant...

10858567_825389897534670_1757095029358787120_n.jpg

10982491_825389874201339_5506969201804632141_n.jpg

Lovely stuff!

Where is this new awesome looking restaurant again, one of the hotels?

:)

Good move. They don't need a buffet in every hotel. Two is probably enough, and then that'd free up another space for an alternative dining experience like this. :)

Looks great! I've always wanted to go to one of these meat on a stick restaurants where they carve it onto your plate and you eat as much as you want places.

I think you are all missing the important question here, which is, "do you get to have a sword fight after you've eaten all the meat?"

Last edited: