• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: 40th Anniversary

It's not a case of anything other than EP having earned, with many quality additions and attention to detail that's so obvious even to someone who hasn't been fortunate enough to visit yet, the right to find out what they're doing in good time.

And, even if it IS just a standard 3D tent with a little something extra for their Birthday thing, who can really complain?

Not like it's their only new addition is it?

They're building a FREAKING TRAVELATOR so you don't even have to walk from the car park!

This thing could have a Punch and Judy show in it for all I care and I'd still applaud it with everything else they're doing, this is well, well within "bonus feature" territory.

See I don't buy the "well we thought nothing was getting built so this is a bonus". We all went ballistic when all Towers built was a themed path, no one said "well it's better than nothing".

And see how many people have moaned that the only thing Towers have built this year is s kiddie coaster (conveniently ignoring the holiday village and high ropes). The same standards don't seem to apply in all cases on here is my only point.

Just a thought

Last edited:
See I don't buy the "well we thought nothing was getting built so this is a bonus". We all went ballistic when all Towers built was a themed path, no one said "well it's better than nothing".

And see how many people have moaned that the only thing Towers have built this year is s kiddie coaster (conveniently ignoring the holiday village and high ropes). The same standards don't seem to apply in all cases on here is my only point.

Just a thought

Well yes, but Towers themed path is awful and not an attraction. This clearly is an attraction and is nowhere near finished so it cannot be judged at all. And if it is a temporary addition just for the year then really it's a win win. Anyway as I said I'm far more excited for the new 4D film but I think EP have done enough over the last few years for us to give them the benefit of the doubt over this.

Anyone complaining that Towers are only getting a kids coaster this year is off their head. I don't recall seeing much of that at all.

:)

Well yes, but Towers themed path is awful and not an attraction. This clearly is an attraction and is nowhere near finished so it cannot be judged at all. And if it is a temporary addition just for the year then really it's a win win. Anyway as I said I'm far more excited for the new 4D film but I think EP have done enough over the last few years for us to give them the benefit of the doubt over this.

Anyone complaining that Towers are only getting a kids coaster this year is off their head. I don't recall seeing much of that at all.

It's not an attraction but it's hardly awful (dung heap on the other hand was), I have said that this will almost certainly be good, I just felt those who had raised mild concern deserved some credit even though this is EP.

And go through the AT closed season topic, the kiddie coaster has been moaned about quite a bit.

The concern seems to be that this will be old fashioned like the old Alton Towers one.

I'm sure it won't be.

The kiddie coaster at AT is the ONLY thing new this year. At EP, this temporary birthday suprise is merely 1 of 8 or 9 developments for the new season.

The concern seems to be that this will be old fashioned like the old Alton Towers one.

I'm sure it won't be.

The kiddie coaster at AT is the ONLY thing new this year. At EP, this temporary birthday suprise is merely 1 of 8 or 9 developments for the new season.

That's MY point.

It's a bonus attraction, something no one was expecting, and they didn't build a path... they are investing yet more in improvements across park, to really enhance existing attractions, and also a TRAVELATOR so you don't have to even walk far from your car.

So. For perspective @Dave. How many here would complain if towers were improving their attractions, renewing other things, planning a huge new waterpark, building a travelator to get you to the entrance and all the other nice touches, after spending millions the year before on an innovative (if not perfect) dark ride/family coaster, and then - as a little bonus, put a tent thing up with what's likely to be a little birthday attraction.

Further perspective.

It's their most lauded attractions 21st Birthday next year. If they put a few bonus things around to celebrate it for a year, who would complain? Anyone? Inevitably some may of course but not many.

As it is, we know she'll be lucky if she gets a coat of paint and the small botanical garden removed.

I just felt those who had raised mild concern deserved some credit even though this is EP.

I did raise mild concern, you misread my post and took the piss out of me, didn't delete it and then it got loads of 'thanks'. How's that for deserved credit? ;)

Everyone terms this as a "bonus attraction"

If towers suddenly plonked this in the park somewhere and went "aha, you didn't know we were doing this, here's a bonus attraction"

What would the reaction be?

Yeah they do regular updates every year at Europa, and yes I'm one of the "I love the place" people....

But come on, it's a 3D/4D cinema at the end of the day!

Sea World Orlando has a 3D 360 degree cinema called Turtle Trek, and I found it very impressive. Far superior to the 180 degree cinemas you got in the 80s or the Circle Visions you get at Disney World. Indeed I preferred it to Soarin', although that might be because Soarin' had been hyped up, whereas I had no expectations of Turtle Trek. 'Immersive' has become a bit of an overused buzz word, but it really does feel like you’re surrounded by the world of the turtles. I have no idea if this will be in 3D, but it’s Europa Park, so whatever it is, they’ve probably come up with something decent.

I went on this too and thought it was brilliant, such a quietly brilliant attraction. It's very immersive and if Europa Park did get one of these, it would certainly be a good addition, they don't feel like 3D cinemas at all, they are by far superior.

I did raise mild concern, you misread my post and took the piss out of me, didn't delete it and then it got loads of 'thanks'. How's that for deserved credit? ;)

You assume my point was only aimed at you, it quoted your post that you yourself Said was badly worded but the point stands when it comes to any discussion where people critique EP. It's not a protected species and no one including me said it would be terrible (in fact I am mostly ambivalent) they just raised a casual eye brow.

I like to "try" and stay objective on parks, even though EP is my favourite park I think it's healthy to debate the small risks of this being a bit naff. Just as despite Towers mostly doing naff things it's worth talking about the things they do right.

And remind me how often your posts get deleted Sam as it's barely ever. And if you had a genuine issue you would have reported it surely?

And @TheMaus balanced debate although acknowledging past performance (which EVERYONE who has raised a subtle eye brow has acknowledged here) is relevant it isn't the only measure of future potential.

Otherwise what the hell point is there on having a forum and I will remind everyone about this next time they bemoan fanboyism in the PortAventura topic.

Europa-Park are building a temporary cinema of some kind for their 40th birthday. Nobody actually knows if it'll be appalling or excellent.

It won't be world class.
It's just something small.
It's something extra to do.
It could be a load of garbage.
But it's being built.

Thank you.

There's always Wodan.

I just want to remind everyone I am one of the few truly objective posters in this thread as I have not visited the place and judge it purely on feedback as a whole, investments, trajectory and can take a step back and just see this for what it is.

I am more emotive in my judgement of Towers, that's very true, but the things this park adds to me are extraordinary.

I think given we are getting clues and plans for their future investment also it's obvious they're continuing on a frankly brilliant trajectory.

I am sure they get things wrong as any business does, but for one of this magnitude their overall performance is exemplary and as such I would always see this little attraction as a nice bonus feature.

What annoys me more is that they build all these extra things and refurbish half the park while the vulgarity that is the Euro Mir queueline gets left as is for another season.

What's wrong with it?

The only pictures I've seen it looks quite retro and cool, a bit like Space Invader used to be at Blackpool

What annoys me more is that they build all these extra things and refurbish half the park while the vulgarity that is the Euro Mir queueline gets left as is for another season.

SEND IN THE BULDOZERS!

(Though tbf I wouldn't stop at the queue line, sorry @John)

And @TheMaus its mostly a horrid cattlepen, though it moves fast.

The indoors part of Mir's queue is fine, but it's just a staircase to the station. The rest of it is a vile cattlepen of bungee cords that are rearanged at random several times a day.

Gardaland are building a roller coaster for 2015

Thank you

It's all about quality relative to the amount of money spent. Gardaland are spending a lot of money for what looks to be an extremely average rollercoaster (we already know that the theme lacks any inspiration at all). EP will be spending a fraction of that on this, but euro-for-euro they may get a much better attraction, if this is any good. Arthur is a good ride, but on a euro-for-euro basis, it's pretty poor.

I agree that Mir's queueline is by far the most offensive thing in the park, and as the wave of refurbishments sweeps across the park year after year, it is a sore thumb that is only glowing redder.

Arthur is a good ride, but on a euro-for-euro basis, it's pretty poor

Am I right in thinking the Minimoys Kingdom overall cost €25 million? I'd honestly consider it pretty good for the price.