• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: 40th Anniversary

Family video from a 1991 trip to Europa-Park.

- Old park entrance shown (start of film, you may notice that this building is still there but at the top of Deutsch Allee)
- Fair portion of Geisterschloss POV footage (ride looks massively different but it gives an indication as to what Wicked Witches Haunt may have been like at Thorpe Park)
- Lots of park footage (the changes... wow)
- Piraten in Batavia footage
- Fjord Rafting footage (looks so bare in places!)
- Dolphin show footage + Charle Chaplin warm up (his tricks never get old)

You may wish to skip some of the Dolphin show as it is quite long.

In front of historama....the green stand that is now (IIRC) the pastaria has been there for like EVER!

I always thought it looked temporary!

There was a old video posted a while ago in this thread, and that also had them old green and yellow stands in them. They do look horrible. Surely some kind of England retheme is needed soon (by this I mean the horrible green/yellow things and that area around there that doesnt feel like England at all.

The re-done Euro Tower reminds me of some station entrances for the Paris Métro, and I quite like how the concept art looks. Should be quite nice once it's finished. :)

Europa-Park have confirmed that whatever the 'secret' 2015 birthday surprise addition is will be open at the start of the season.

Europa-Park celebrates its 40th birthday

The new Express Lane ensures that visitors start enjoying the numerous attractions even sooner: The conveyor unit from the car park to the main entrance easily brings guests to Europa-Park.

A further highlight in the park’s anniversary season is the redesign of the Euro Tower in the French theme area. This popular viewing tower has been lavishly redesigned and is shining in renewed splendour. In the Icelandic theme area too there are exciting innovations to discover: the interactive boat trip “Whale Adventures” is getting two more indoor areas, while in the Spanish theme area, the Columbus Dinghy has been updated with a new appearance and state-of-the-art technology.

Things are getting even more cosy in the Austrian theme area: a new beer garden makes an inviting place to fortify your energies for the next adventure in Europa-Park.

The parade which makes its way through Europa-Park every day will also be a particular highlight for the guests in the anniversary year. Our new parade carriages will enchant both young and older visitors; meanwhile, Euromaus, Euromausi, Böckli and Louis will once again enjoy exciting adventures in the Magic Cinema 4D. After the huge success of “The Secret of Balthasar Castle”, Mack Media has produced its second in-house 4-D film - The Time Carousel!

On 11 July 2015, there will be a huge birthday party for Europa-Park. The guests on this day will be able to party, dance and ride roller coasters up until midnight.

What’s more, guests can look forward to another big birthday surprise, just in time for the season opening.

Golf fans will also get their money’s worth when visiting Germany’s largest leisure park. The collaboration between Europa-Park and the Breisgau Golf Club e.V., signed in mid 2014, is already bearing fruit: The “Europa-Park Golf Club Breisgau e.V.” will be enjoying a new club house from spring 2015. This modern building will include a restaurant, two terraces and a pro shop.

http://www.europapark.de/en/europa-park-novelties-2015

Parkerlebnis are usually very accurate, and they're reporting from sources close to EP that the surprise Greek attraction will be a 360 cinema.

If it's some beautiful film about Europe ('Beautiful Europe'?) and the cinema is fitted out lavishly then this could be another lovely, small but delightful addition to Europa's line-up. :)

So it looks like there is a 360 cinema of sorts arriving for 2015!

europa-park-360-grad-kino-baustelle.jpg

If it is a 360 cinema I can't help but be a bit disappointed to be honest, it's a very 80's choice isn't it?

I am doubtful it will be "just" a bog-standard old-fashioned 360 cinema.

However, given that there was no knowledge of any form of new attraction being built for 2015 until 2 weeks ago, any form of addition is a bonus.

I suspect this is a 1-year temporary 40th birthday bonus.

It does appear to be a tent version of the old 80's projection system Towers used to have. Suppose if the film is good it will be ok.

Sea World Orlando has a 3D 360 degree cinema called Turtle Trek, and I found it very impressive. Far superior to the 180 degree cinemas you got in the 80s or the Circle Visions you get at Disney World. Indeed I preferred it to Soarin', although that might be because Soarin' had been hyped up, whereas I had no expectations of Turtle Trek. 'Immersive' has become a bit of an overused buzz word, but it really does feel like you’re surrounded by the world of the turtles. I have no idea if this will be in 3D, but it’s Europa Park, so whatever it is, they’ve probably come up with something decent.

Last edited:
Someone in a german forum mentioned that where that "cinema" is now will be a pathway to the new area that will open in 2016. So it makes sense that there`ll be just a temporary attraction !

It does appear to be a tent version of the old 80's projection system Towers used to have. Suppose if the film is good it will be ok.
Of this is merely 1980s technology then it will be the worst thing the park have done.

I highly doubt it will be! This is Europa-Park after all.

Of this is merely 1980s technology then it will be the worst thing the park have done.

I highly doubt it will be! This is Europa-Park after all.

I would hazard a guess it will be 3D so a little better than 1980's.

These things depend on the film.

Well EP already have a few 360° cinemas that feel quite high-tech (Gazprom Hall) as well as a very good 4D, so I'm reasonably confident that they know what they're doing. :)

Don't worry no one is daring to go against the high orders of the EP papal decrees and commit blasphemy by suggesting this will in any way be poor.

All hail Roland ect

For clarification, the "reasonably confident" was meant sincerely (I'm not entirely sure about this project myself) though I can see how it could be read sarcastic ("well obviously it'll be great, it's EP"). Sorry for any misunderstanding, could have been worded better!

As said I don't see EP doing a naff job, their track record is in their favour. I think if any other park built a tent cinema we would be very negative, the fact these has just raised an eye brow is because people mostly trust the park.

Considering we were not expecting anything at all it has to be seen as a bonus; especially if it is only a temporary addition for the anniversary year. I'm more excited about the new 4D film anyway!

:)