• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: 40th Anniversary

They could do with some digital displays here and there... Perhaps using the area map points that they have around with the queuetimes for the rides in said area as a starting point...

Why are you so worried about crowds at EP? If there's any park that shouldn't agonise people about operational standards then it's this one!

Either way, I am sure it won't be very busy due to the time of year.

:)

Whenever I've visited in the past it has been on mainly weekdays. I have no concerns about their operations but I am concerned that queues may still be long, having previously been subjected to the horror of Disneyland Paris during school holidays when queues were just painful despite the high throughputs of most of their rides.

Fortunately, I would say Europa is helped a lot by the German culture, meaning that the queues are nowhere near as awful when busy in comparison to DLP...

That said, I still wouldn't want to queue 45 minutes for Bobbahn or Matterhorn Blitz...

Whenever I've visited in the past it has been on mainly weekdays. I have no concerns about their operations but I am concerned that queues may still be long, having previously been subjected to the horror of Disneyland Paris during school holidays when queues were just painful despite the high throughputs of most of their rides.

I really wouldn't worry. We were there on one of the busiest days of the parks history last year. Queues for major rides were very long however there were still rides with short queues. And those long queues did move quickly. We easiliy got on everything as the park was open until 21.30.

It will be nowhere near that busy when you go. The queues will be constantly moving anyway so won't feel as long as they are. Silver Star rarely gets above 50 minutes due to the nature of the queue.

We did opening weekend when Woodan opened, it was a moderate day, queues where never much more than 30 min (except Woodan) and it was pleasant.

screenshot-www.mittelbadische-presse.tv%202015-03-18%2018-41-46_zpstvs80thp.png

WELL, seeing part of the Hel costume backstage has made me giddy for her first appearance outside the Wodan queueline, parade or elsewhere! :D

Also looking forward to the new parade!

The refurbishment to Columbus Dinghy looks delightful so far, too!

Great video. The new parade vehicles are looking lovely. Some of the detailing you see in the video really sums up a lot about Europa Park.

Did that video mention that there will be Wodan and Blue Fire themed floats, as is implied by Rowe's picture above...?

Comparison between the old Columbus and the new:

ye1Q1vm.jpg

oykd2s3.jpg

It looks a lot better now they have got rid of those tacky fair lights around the outside. And check out the detailing in the top-left hand corner of the 'after' photo, which the old boats didn't have at all! Top stuff.

A weird story here about the storks that take residence at Europa-Park. Apparently their increased presence is a good harbinger for the 2015 season.

G7xa7X3.jpg

Did that video mention that there will be Wodan and Blue Fire themed floats, as is implied by Rowe's picture above...?

That's the impression that I got from the video, but I do not speak German! Would make sense with there being an Arthur float also though.

The Storks are fantastic - they're native to Alsace, where they live in many towns and villages across the region! There's often a Stork living atop Santa Isabel!

That's the impression that I got from the video, but I do not speak German! Would make sense with there being an Arthur float also though.

Yes, that`s true...the park get`s coaster-themed parade cars ! ;)

Last edited:
hBhlhBl.jpg

Ad spotted for the 'Dream Dome'/Beautiful Europe (epfans.ch)

9CLScVF.jpg

Mysterious banner on the access road for the Europa-Park 'Junior Club', new for 2015. (epfans.ch)

What could this be? ANOTHER new addition of some sort? A show?

Excellent! I was hoping they would release it, such a brilliant film.

The blurb from the website:

The 3D enjoyment for the whole family! What is 've been waiting for friends and fans of Europa-Park has long had finally : The Euro mouse movie to take home with you! Experience the first exciting 15 -minute 3D adventure with EUR mouse and her friends now on 3D Blu -ray.

Discover the secret of mouse with euro Balthasar Castle , as well as never -before-seen bonus material :

• Other language versions ( in 2D ): French , English, Spanish, Italian , Portuguese , Chinese ( Mandarin), Korean, Indonesian and Vietnamese
• The making of the first Mack Media Animation Film in-house production in the history of Europa-Park
• The trailer for the new 4D movie " The Time Carousel "

Pre-order now! Available as a DVD or Blu-ray 3D . The 3D Blu -ray is playable on any standard Blu -ray player in 2D. Product is currently not available. Shipping is from the March 28, 2015 !

YES! I was totally hoping for this! I will be buying it in a couple of weeks!

In other news:

"Europa-Park becomes 40 years old this year. The time-honoured wonder of the park meets new superlatives through an ever changing landscape of harmony and diversity. As the most popular seasonal theme park in the world, striving every year for higher quality and better guest satisfaction. For the jubilee year, the park, with 5 hotels, Europa-Park is laying on a party every day. With new shows, new renovations and new specialties. Come and join the excitement that only a day at one of the leading family run businesses in the theme park industry can bring. From March, 28th - you can once again step inside Europa-Park. From wonderful gastronomy in one of our 70 outlets, to one of our 18 daily shows or one of our 58 rides, of which 12 are rollercoasters - more than any other European park. And if you say you haven't been? You might think Germany is full of the remnants of war... but that couldn't be further from the truth. We are the powerhouse. We are the people. We are MACK. Come and see us. You will be amazed"