• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Alton Towers Enchanted Village

As long as they dont look like quickly knocked together boxes when they are finished and they put some effort into making them look like enchanted wooden lodges then they may pull it off, but, so far from those pictures, and given Alton's past (and current) efforts at themeing, i'll sit on the fence on this one for the time being....

The fence is a sensible place to sit on anything Towers do, as far as I can see though it looks like it will look exactly as it did in the plans within reason.

The lodges are meant to be entry level resort accommodation (excluding the tree houses), I think that needs to be remembered.

You can't really judge the final lodges on a quickly assembled demo lodge which is being used for promotional purposes. We have no idea if the promotional lodge is an exact replica of the real things or not! I'm really looking forward to seeing the lodges myself as I think they are going to be a great addition.

:)

If anything the promotional lodges should be even better than the real ones to encourage people to book.

I didnt realise they were being sold as the "economy" overnight option though. I would have thought Splash would be the cheapest, followed by these, followed by ATH.

It will no doubt look amazing. Anything resort wise has more effort put into it as it's the biggest money maker...

I thought Splash would be the 'budget' option too. Maybe it'll be something like Lodges > Splash > ATH > Themed Rooms > Treehouses?

Its hard to really tell at the moment as the only photo I have seen is the half built one, so ill hold judgement until I see it in person.

The plans refer to the lodges as "entry level accommodation" so it certainly seems they are pitching them as their cheapest option on resort.

Though it won't be dirt cheap as they won't tread on the B&B's turf

Last edited:
cant see this being an actual lodge just a basic structure themed along the lines of the new accommodation but with sales material and pictures of what the lodges will look like

Well i hope the demo lodge is compete and open for the 4 August so i can have a nose. the down side will be my daughter pestering for weekend in one.

cant see this being an actual lodge just a basic structure themed along the lines of the new accommodation but with sales material and pictures of what the lodges will look like

Dunno, i'm almost certain the lodges will be modular design, wouldn't be impossible to get one up in a couple of weeks.

There's nothing wrong with modular design as long as the end result looks nice - and the current thing that's been put up looks a bit 'meh' so far.

Hope the treehouses are built better though.

TowersTimes have taken some pictures of the lodge being constructed at the theme park, it's looking pretty good so far (for something so temporary that is).

Not sure if they still do the whole 'do not post pictures on other sites' thing, so here's the link to the Facebook post: Click me ooooo

TowersTimes have taken some pictures of the lodge being constructed at the theme park, it's looking pretty good so far (for something so temporary that is).

Not sure if they still do the whole 'do not post pictures on other sites' thing, so here's the link to the Facebook post: Click me ooooo

The Lodge being constructed infront of the Towers isn't temporary, of course that it isn't its permanent location, but when construction continues this will join the others in the Enchanted Village, it is a real lodge.

The Lodge being constructed infront of the Towers isn't temporary, of course that it isn't its permanent location, but when construction continues this will join the others in the Enchanted Village, it is a real lodge.

So the shell and thematic elements are being shifted to the lodge site, makes sense. It is still a temporary lodge at the park though.

That looks surprisingly good now the roof's on. I hope they do something with those exposed wooden beams though, they look a little bare for my liking. :p

They may have missed a trick here. You could make those full size, surround them with wonderful theme (I KNOW I KNOW) and charge a small fortune for them! It's obvious there's a fair bit of a work to do with all the bits lying around the site still but I have to say, they look wonderful! Very quirky, very quaint, & very cute - and given some of the garish paint job on Splash, and recent theme attempts concrete pit wise for example, I think these little things look quite marvelous indeed!

If the tree houses are supposed to be premium over these, I hope they are not a disappointment because if they really go to town on the surroundings for Enchanted Village they would have a wonderful little corner of the resort and the most impressive at Towers for a long long time.

Saw the lodge myself today and it looks really nice! Will look even better when they're all together in the environment that they are meant to be rather than a one off on its own.

:)