• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Alton Towers Enchanted Village

It does seem like all of the theming has been lost with the old plans, although im still looking forward to this development they do only look like posh sheds.

These lodges come right next to the border of Alton Towers so they would have had no chance of involving any colour.

That's why a hotel would have always been more suited to that area. But not all hope is lost, these could look good, you don't need to have bright colours to have lodges! They will hopefully look nice on their own.

Blaze said:
Only just seen the plans for the lodges, they look dull compared to the old plans, I'm really not as impressed with this development as I would have been 12 months ago.

The main lodges are identical to the old plans.

You yourself posted a picture of the original design and the new one two pages back, didn't you?

Where's the wonky chimneys and roofs, for example?

These are the current plans for a standard lodge:

lodge-plan-300x219.png

You can see to wonky chimney and roof especially on the side view, it's less obvious on the front view on that size image.

I was looking through the lodge plans and it looks like the exterior of the lodges have had some changes...

Original plan (as above in Dave's post):
5nWC0UZ.png

New plan (uploaded after application approval):
SFpkABv.png

Also looking at the restaurant plans in the original there were crooked windows. In the updated plans all the windows are now straight (how boring) - also in the old plans the terrace was open to the land around it, in the revised plans there is now a metal fence around the terrace which will have a "aged rust finish", how depressing. Restuarant terrace has also been made smaller with the space being filled in with planting.

new plans to look at...

So the newer lodges look a bit more crooked and the doors moved more outwards, other than that not much change. Would hazard a guess the fencing, windows and reduction in outdoor space on the restaurant will be planning officers decisions.

I am glad that the lodges will have a similar theme to what was proposed previously, however the development as a whole does feel very by-the-numbers especially in regards to the facilities proposed.

Just one modest sized restaurant....no bar, entertainment area or any associated new activity for the accommodation at all. The outdoor kids play areas are a nice touch but I feel it needs something a bi more substantial.

Still, at least we are getting something just when we thought the plans were shelved.

:)

The website does say "brand new themed restaurant featuring family entertainment." so it seems there will be some kind of entertainment, but no idea what!

miUPv1Z.png

Judging by the size of the stage I wouldn't expect miracles!

I wish the stage was more this size though:
1_zpsed9ef504.png

I guess any entertainment is better than nothing. Would have been nicer to see a new bar or entertainments bar though in its own building.

NickT04 said:
The park maps have been updated!

That is a very nice logo and reminds me of the 1990s style maps for new attractions. If the lodges look anything like the concept art they will be brilliant,however I doubt I'll stay as they'll cost way too much. Look really nice and a bit Disney-esque

can't imagine how small the theme park is going to get on the map once the lodges open, the hotels will be getting 2 thirds of the space :)

They'll probably just shift the hotels to the right a bit, nearer to the Dark Forest attraction list. Either that or remove the conference centre from the map, because every guest definitely cares about that! :p

Hopefully a new map design is on the cards for next year. Ideally if they want the hotels on the same map they could have the hotels on the one side and the theme park on the other side. Rather than the squashed mess it is now!

To be fair looking at the restaurant I originally thought it was way too small but based on its seating plan it could seat the whole village capacity in 2 sittings which isn't unreasonable.

Place still needs a proper bar and indoor chill space though

Dave said:
Place still needs a proper bar and indoor chill space though

Yep and some sort of activity to go alongside it (like the hotels have the waterpark and spa).

Maybe like an outdoor activity area with archery, rock climbing, laser clay shooting etc.

After visiting Go Ape yesterday I think they could make a nice link to the new development! Would love to zip wire through the trees behind the hotels!

Apparently work is set to start on this within the next few weeks, which is hopefully plenty of time for this to open next year!

I wonder if it will open in March for the start of the season, or if they will wait till May time.

I'd imagine it will opening in late Spring/early Summer time. They probably won't set a time until after they see how the winter weather is.

:)