• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Alton Towers Enchanted Village

I really think with the developments of the Enchanted Village bringing Alton Towers' accommodation offerings to three different places that the infrastructure to the park should be updated, if only slightly.

The main road in should have new street lighting, something similar to the lighting posts just outside the park, update all the road signs, I feel that the signs used for the Monorail suit Alton Towers well, perhaps this style could be used? A feature should be placed on the crossroads where the traffic lights are, some kind of directional signage in a fancy style.

Overall just upgrading the overall look and feel of the entrance into the resort, hoping that the guests' first view of the Resort will set them up for the rest of their stay.

Infrastructure is definitely the way forwards to make themselves feel grand, if only for the entrance.

Hopefully one day they'll invest in this. My personal hatred is the amount of tarmac on the Theme Park itself. Just not needed, especially where you can see old road markings (between Spinball and X-Sector toilets)!

Definitely. I see absolutely no difference between this and Thorpe Shark Hotel.

Merlin you're so rubbish yadda yadda yadda.

Thorpe Shark Hotel is not mediocre, it's downright rubbish.

What we know and have seen so far from the lodge development has been average; not bad just average and certainly nothing special. The lack of any decent facilities in the plans, the cheap and bland interior of the show lodge in the park, the amateur marketing, no evidence of any new entertainment, overpricing, no self-catering but not offering cooked breakfast etc...

It does show some promise and time will tell how good it will be, but this extension to the resort just doesn't excite me really at all when it should especially compared to previous developments on this front.

:)

If it's cheap Chris then that is fair enough, if it is expensive or similar to the hotel rooms it will be yet another fail

RE: Entertainment. On the lodges application there is a stage shown on the interior main building plans. It looks tiny, but it seems to point towards some form of new entertainment.

I think if these are cheaper than the hotels they will be a pretty good addition. Although I'm not holding my breath. I preferred the original plans opposite the hotels that included the hobbit holes and the lodges having kitchenettes, self catering was a good way to go. These revised plans don't appeal to me personally. We'll see though, still many months to go until we see the finalised lodges.

If it's too cheap then people won't stay at the hotel, to expensive they will stay in a hotel room.

They need to make sure if the hotel if the premium option that it has the extras to justify the cost

There's something slightly odd about watching a roof roll up into a car park. It certainly looks like they're going to fly up, and the current treehouse is making good progress too.

This article reveals the vegetable supplier for The Crooked Spoon if anyone's interested :p

And apparently the treehouses are 5 star according to this... o_O

900x600xEnchanted-Village.jpg.pagespeed.ic.QrBJenyB71.jpg

Alton Towers Resort has announced that prize-winning giant vegetable grower Kevin Fortey will become the official grocery supplier for a new restaurant called The Crooked Spoon opening up next year as part of the brand new Enchanted Village section at the park.

Kevin’s impressive haul of vegetables includes a 1000lb pumpkin, big enough to make over 8,000 slices of pumpkin pie, a 4ft long marrow capable of making enough soup for 300 people and 2ft long orange cucumbers. Kevin’s award-winning vegetables also include radishes longer than your arm and boulder sized beetroots.

700x508xEnchanted-Village-07.jpg.pagespeed.ic.BFRp4_CjYQ.jpg

In a bid to make The Crocked Spoon as enchanting as can be, Kevin will be supplying his huge vegetables to the restaurant to use in their dishes. The new restaurant is part of a new development at the famous Alton Towers Resort called the Enchanted Village and also features luxury tree houses and 120 wooden lodges, as well as a range of family entertainment.

Head Chef at The Crocked Spoon, Simon Jones said, “We want to make everything about The Enchanted Village completely captivating, and that commitment extends to the produce we plan to use in the Crooked Spoon kitchen. Why would we want to use ordinary pumpkins when we can use an absolute giant like Kevin’s? It tastes just as good and I can’t wait to start using his vegetables in my recipes when we open in April next year.”

453x700xEnchanted-Village-15.jpg.pagespeed.ic.0gSQXdWytg.jpg

Monster vegetable grower Kevin Fortey also talked commented about the union saying, “Growing giant vegetables is a family tradition which I’ve been fascinated by my entire life. I grew my biggest ever marrow this year, weighing over 12st, which is the current UK record, and it was a huge achievement.

“Alton Towers Resort is the first company I know of that is actually committing to using these amazing and oversized vegetables in their everyday cooking. I can’t wait to try some of the dishes they’ll be creating. I’m sure they’ll be plenty to go around.”

700x466xAltonGiantVegOvers_055.jpg.pagespeed.ic.04WP85e9Fh.jpg

The Enchanted Village will open in April 2015 where visitors can enjoy a range of activities such as an indoor waterpark, spa and easy access into the theme park. Guests can stay in one of the 120 specially built woodland lodges or live the life of luxury in one of the 5-star treehouses which feature widescreen TV’s, luxury furnishings and an outside area with a private hot tub.

http://www.shockingtimes.co.uk/giant-vegetables-on-the-menu-at-alton-towers-resorts-new-restaurant/

Last edited:
That sounds promising regarding the food. I was half expecting a re-hashed Woodcutters menu, thank god it won't be!

:)

I am quite sure Towers mean they are the best accommodation they offer, rather than trying to imply their Treehouses will be accredited as 5 star.

I am quite convinced in this half self catered tree house has:
-Multi-lingual staff, - a valet service, - a concierge, a spacious reception (It doesnt even have a bar area), - personalised greeting and fresh flowers, - minibar and food available 24 hours a day, Internet in the room, - Ironing Service or a Turn Down service.

I would hope if Alton insist these Treehouses are 5 Star someone looks into trade description.

--

Ive recently stayed in a 'Forest Holidays Treehouse' - whose Treehouses are much more luxurious than what Alton are constructing and they dont feel the need to mislead customers with saying they are 5 star.

I have no issue with Alton pushing them as a premium accommodation option, but I do object when they try to sell them as something they really, really arent.

Sounds like they are putting some thought and effort into the food offerings, which sounds promising.

I still think aside from a restaurant this development would have really benefited from an entertainments venue in its own building, and support for self catering in the lodges.

Of course we can't tell what the restaurant will be like until its done, but it doesn't look that big in person, especially as it will also contain the reception, office and kitchen. I would have liked to see a bigger building with a restaurant on one side and then a bar area on the other, even if it didn't contain entertainment, just somewhere to have a drink with a bit of music in the background.

They seem to be marketing the resort as ATH being the top end, and I suppose once they refurbish all the rooms like moon rooms (and other themes) they will be the best rooms. Followed by the lodges and then Splash at the "cheaper" end of the scale.

I didn't know they were all being refurbished to moon voyager standard (albeit different themes).
It's certainly a long term project but in theory each floor should get its own theme. The current bathroom refurbs were done as a stopgap before this takes place as the bathrooms were in dire need of fixing up.