• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Might have been something that couldn't have been foreseen. To give Nemmie its dues, its hardly ever broken down

I imagine with cost savings they replace at failure only, or at least have increased the schedules of replacement. The chain failing is not really a safety issue.

So is this why Rita has scaffolding to protect from line whip?

The scaffolding isn't needed, it's only there due to overzealous health and safety. But it's been there so long it practically counts as part of the ride.

Or is it a hint at the next IP make over, Bob the builder land with the rotten floorboard ride (13) and Bobs nail gun experiance (Rita) :D

Also a lift hill chain is travelling at very low speed and won't really go anywhere if a link breaks. The cable on a launched coaster is going at high speed and possibly could move around as it is a cable, not a chain.

Indeed. I believe there is a video on YouTube of a cable snapping and bits hitting the riders in the front. Plus, there was that incident on a drop tower of a cable snapping and cutting off someones legs if I recall in America.

Well even with Rita Towers were pushing the lifespan of the cable a bit. I guess that's how things work with cost cutting going on, don't fix it until it breaks or is near breaking.

I just realised it's Easter holidays this week. What a stupid week to choose to do work on Nemesis.

Stuck on Blivvy for half an hour today, Nemmy was down all day too and is not likley to be up for weekend, the weather was hot so the other rides suffered, smiler wasnt under 90 mins that I saw all day.

Still, a good day tho :)

Stuck on Blivvy for half an hour today, Nemmy was down all day too and is not likley to be up for weekend, the weather was hot so the other rides suffered, smiler wasnt under 90 mins that I saw all day.

Still, a good day tho :)

Oh we saw the train on the lift hill, didn't know anyone from here was on it! And they are hoping to get Nemmy open for tomorrow afternoon. :)

Yup I was there, there was a train on the brake run and one before the station and also one just after the station, as well as the one on the lift, had a good laugh, the train at the bottom of the lift hill was where someone passed out, he was find by the time we got off and st john's were chatting to him.

Got a couplf of priority passes, I suggested I refused them but the staff were adamant .

Excellent news on Nemmy, its moved on somewhat since I spoke with the staff there then.

Doesn't look like Nemesis will be operational today, doesn't appear to be much progress since yesterday afternoon.

c339ae0da4f670a82bb6e0d016b3c98b.jpg

In theory it should not take that long to put in the new chain and get the ride up and running again - it would just need some testing after it was fitted. Fitting a new chain should be fairly routine as well. Unless of course TG Cruise have now moved into a new line of business...

:)

I've been here since Tuesday when it was open and have seen no signs of a chain replacement so can't confirm it. However there is nobody working on it at the moment which may suggest maintenance are waiting on a part :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.