• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Obviously attempting to boost numbers during the most dead part of the season. I think it's fair enough to be honest, given it's free.

I'm a little confused as to why it's on one particular date in November that anyone who completes this challenge can come back for free. I wonder if they've got something planned for those people, but I doubt it. I think Alastair's probably on to something, though. This challenge is free to participate in, and mid-week in early November is a time when the park's pretty dead anyway, so I can see why it's around this time. I just think it might've been better to have a few dates when these free return visits could be made instead of one.

You'd think they would have more dates. The guests may well be getting in for free, but chances are they won't have come back otherwise. So that means you will be making more money on food/merch than you would otherwise. Chances are they may also bring other friends or family along and there is more bonus money that you wouldn't get otherwise. And that £6 for parking. It all adds up from this one 'free' guest.

Unless there is a specific 'event' planned for one day then this does not even make business sense from Towers - and that is saying something with Merlin's accountants at the helm!

:)

Kind of think Merlin have missed a trick with not doing some kind of election-based advertising campaign. Could have been a really topical promotion and maybe made each coaster a candidate or something. Idk, marketing isn't my thing but I kind of expected something election-themed, but maybe they just feel people hear enough about it as it is.

They're currently running a 'Vote Fun 2015' campaign on the whole, but that's just wordplay in their marketing rather than anything substantial.

I'd naturally vote for Octonauts.

Twirling Toadstool: Swings and Roundabouts. Very slightly different (arguably) but in the same playground.

P.S - I was replying to the political stuff ;)

Got a e-mail from the towers which was met with a 50/50 response. I have been given a "Magic spell" by Merlin to get a whole £10 pound of the online price. Great I thought, been thinking of a cheeky trip recently, however must be used by the 10th of May. Thanks merlin.

Got a e-mail from the towers which was met with a 50/50 response. I have been given a "Magic spell" by Merlin to get a whole £10 pound of the online price. Great I thought, been thinking of a cheeky trip recently, however must be used by the 10th of May. Thanks merlin.
I'm sure it's book by 10th May for any date, not use by 10th May.

The new Ice Age film will premiere on 23rd May.

Oh and you can also purchase a VIP package on the day the film is released, because hey, lets continue to roll out the VIP branding and remind people that only those with lots of money can be treated in a special way.

They offer MAP discount though which isn't too shoddy if anyone here considers it.

The new Ice Age film will premiere on 23rd May.

Oh and you can also purchase a VIP package on the day the film is released, because hey, lets continue to roll out the VIP branding and remind people that only those with lots of money can be treated in a special way.

They offer MAP discount though which isn't too shoddy if anyone here considers it.

£10 off for being a pass holder, erm hardly a deal that

I just looked at the "exclusives" with the package and I laughed. Then I looked at the prices and laughed even more! I can't be bothered to work out how much each thing would cost individually if you bought it on the day, but I will be sure to tomorrow.

Wow, because everyone wants a VIP Ice Age crappy film premier experience!

Towers VIP offerings are poor and overpriced. Many parks offer variations on VIP packages but most of Towers just seem to be glorified fastrack and all day dining packages. I will be doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour at Magic Kingdom when I visit in September - it costs $79pp, is a full 5 hour tour and sounds much more exciting and interesting than a Towers VIP package. The BGW Coaster Insider tour is also excpetional value for money and very well run.

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.