• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
There is a possibility this is a Zierer force coaster, but something is telling me that they might have struck a deal with Gerts over the The Smiler and got themselves a small Gerts kiddy coaster

Are we sure its a coaster/ride? Even the junior Zamperla/Gerts coasters have individual support footings not solid bases. It could be a new flat or even a building of some sorts.

Wooden coaster...Mack mega. Two options in that category. Merlin...please. ;)
A cross park wooden coaster wood be a real winner for AT. Look what the last uk wooden coaster did for Oakwood when it was built in 1996. People came from all over the world to ride it and it transformed the park.

Sadly it's unlikely to ever happen at Alton due to 2 stumbling blocks....
1. Planning permission
2. Merlin

But I can dream !

Are we sure its a coaster/ride? Even the junior Zamperla/Gerts coasters have individual support footings not solid bases. It could be a new flat or even a building of some sorts.
Indeed. Knowing Merlin it will be a bog standard traveling Pinfari. In fact, what ever happened to The Beastie? Maybe they did a "Thorpe / Flying Fish" and just removed it for a season or two, only to bring it back with new trains but none of the theming?

I kid, of course. We all know a Pinfari Super Dragon, even a refurbed one they already own, is wishfull thinking. It'll be a pair of Go-Gators next to each other, with one running in the oposite direction so they can advertise the "world's first dueling Croc (of poo) Coasters!"

Indeed. Knowing Merlin it will be a bog standard traveling Pinfari. In fact, what ever happened to The Beastie?

I actually miss The Beastie, otherwise known as "OUCH!! MY KNEES!!". There was something nice and pure retro about it being there.

Has the ERT lineup been mentioned on here yet?

If not, disappointed to see no Oblivion featuring. :(

Have they announced ERT for 2015 yet? I've tried to have a look on the website but that was a waste of time, couldn't find where to even look.

:)

Have they announced ERT for 2015 yet? I've tried to have a look on the website but that was a waste of time, couldn't find where to even look.

:)
Yes they have! I just googled Alton Towers Early Ride Time and it was the first link. That's what I do with difficult to navigate websites.

CATCF isn't normally on FHT though is it? Because of the risk of it freezing over?

It wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility that CATCF did close for 2015, with 2016's project being its replacement...

I wonder how those wiki editors have come to that conclusion. Seems very definite and they would surely have no reason to lie about it, yet we know nothing about it.

Plus the contract for the IP was rumoured to end this year (I'd assume that's why someone decided to go and edit the wiki). So it wouldn't be that surprising to see it close this season.

Charlie could close in the Summer at the latest, and probably not at the beginning of the 2015 season anyway. Toyland Tours closed in mid 2005, and Around the world in 80 days was still open during the 1993 season. Whatever happens, and when it happens, I hope the retheme is good!

Its worth noting Charlie isnt listed on the website, nor if you try and search does it appear. But that may be down to the godawful website.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.