• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think they need to change the brand soon. While, for once, the brand has stayed consistent for years and there have been some minor changes over the years, the brand at the moment feels quite outdated (in my opinion).

I agree. The current brand was first used in 2008 and heavily featured pipes at first. Since then the pipes have largely gone but the branding remains along the same lines. The current branding was great and refreshing back in 2008 and it has served the park will in the following years. However, and I find this quite a scary thought, this will be its 8th season of being used. That is a long time.

In my eyes it is now time for a change and this is something they should look into for 2016. However I do not see it happening, largely due to cost. If they wanted to carry out a proper rebrand quite a lot would need changing and they'd probably need yet another new website (although the awful current new website should be changed regardless). You also have things like the resort entrance signs showing what is open and closed that would suddenly be out of date.

:)

I think the branding AT has built up over the last five years is great with the gold pipes and the consistant use of the same font and style. Only issue is some of the promo images where Nemesis runs on Intamin track!

I have never understood why they feel the urge to photoshop the ride trains onto the wrong style tracks! Nemesis appears to be on a Vekoma track and Air looks kinda like it's on a Maurer X Car track in the picture above.

The towers doesn't even look anything like the real building either.

You also have things like the resort entrance signs showing what is open and closed that would suddenly be out of date.

:)

I do wonder if we will see new entrance signs this year. I know we haven't seen any planning permission yet, but with the new lodge development and tree top quest opening later this year, they will surely need to add these to the signs. Maybe if we do get a new sign we will get a whole new design (or they will just stick a vinyl at the bottom :p)

Don't see the obsession with rebranding - it's a good brand currently. You don't see most normal companies rebrand that often, unless there's something wrong. There's obviously nothing wrong with towers' branding in terms of appeal.

Though the entrance sign needs replacing (technically only tree tops would require adding onto the list if they wanted to ;)).

Don't know if its worth noting but going into Towers this morning some vans with long camera arms on top were coming away from the Resort direction, whether they were coming from Alton Towers or not I don't know but seemed strange.

Maybe the CGI bug has passed. Or they have worked out live action is cheaper than CGI

Do they actually film anything on resort anymore? Everything I see on TV now is just blatant CGI.

parts of the CBeebies advert were filmed on park weren't they? and Denise Van Outen did some videos all about CBeebies too. The reason for most adverts being CG heavy I guess is that when they are filming, rides are not ready for the actors to ride them.

I quite liked the cbeebiesland advert. As it had the right mix of CGI, overlaying and live action.

Do you think a Multi-Park ticket will be made available in the near future, allowing entry to the theme park, waterpark, high ropes and crazy golf.

Its the sort of thing many parks do and even merlin in London and Orlando shorly.

Its the sort of thing that can be charged at £50-65 for 2 days (about the same for as a full priced themepark plus bounce back). Giving unlimited access to all parks.

I'd imagine it would be quite a profitable ticket as it sound like you are saving £s but actually you are paying the same as you would for 2 full priced themepark entry, just getting more options.

I'm surprised they haven't already done this, especially for hotel guests. But them hotel guests get 2nd day free with waterpark or themepark tickets.

They probably wouldn't be able to easily - the high ropes are timed tickets, the Waterpark is at capacity the majority of the time (so requires time tickets on some days too) and the golf is far too low capacity for them to be able to sell many of these tickets.

It wouldn't really be that hard to control, also you would find people spreading around the resort more as they are no longer tied down to one atraction and trying to get value for money.

This is where the monorail really is the advantage. You could spend 3 hours in the theme park, go back to the hotel for food and a swim, then go back to finish with the theme park, finishing at the high ropes or golf course.

I have always wondered why you couldn't by a waterpark and theme park ticket. And now with more on-site attractions, it would seem the logical option. People would likely say for dinner too at one of the hotel restaurants; so they'd be able to subtly make more money from guests, without coming across pushy.

Duel has had some lighting and sfx 'improvements'.....
I can hear the old witch sound effect and the skeleton corridor's lighting returned. But my god the plonking of the uv strips is god awful and so lazy! It really undo's the dramatic theatre and brings it down to cheap ghost train territory.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.