• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Towers are changing the way they display ride wait times online. Looking forward to seeing how they do it. :)

XuvqFsc.png

Looks like Towers no longer have the ridetimes.co.uk domain, when you visit the address it states that the domain has expired.

:)

The domain is registered until May 2017. It would be good if Merlin used the domain for all their ride times collectively with each park in a separate category.

well it will be useful as a redirection point after they have implemented the new queue time online system they mentioned on twitter.

Not a good day to be at Towers! On top of what we already know is closed; Thirteen, RMT and Octonauts are also closed at present. Nemesis has an hour long queue, not seen that for a while!

Not a good day to be at Towers! On top of what we already know is closed; Thirteen, RMT and Octonauts are also closed at present. Nemesis has an hour long queue, not seen that for a while!

Ouch! Down to just three thrill rides then, plus The Blade.

an Hour!!!!! k, thats it I'm switching to another park...
hero-banners-2015.jpg

Hi all long time reader of the forum and also on TT so I thought I'd take the time to join. Was on park today and yes it was a nightmare with just Nemesis and Air open. Got over to Dark Forest just as Rita and Thirteen closed. So managed to do half the park today and queues were big. Did hear about Octonaughts and Air while j was on park though.

What a difference a day makes. I was on park yesterday and park felt quiet. Of course X-sector, Sonic and sub terra were closed. But we managed to do pretty much every ride and most rides we did twice.

I suppose normally with everything open, when a ride or two rides go down you don't really notice it, but with two major coasters closed it makes a big difference.

Yesterday we were lucky as nothing really went down as far as I'm aware. Today seems to be a bit different!

That's the problem at the moment; with X-Sector and Spinball closed until further notice, Sub-Terra down for an 'upgrade' and other coasters not operating on normal capacity; if a couple of other major rides go down because of standard technical issues there is a big impact on the rest of the park.

I can only assume they are waiting on some parts/hardware for Spinball as it is taking a long time to implement the extra safety levels. With any luck X-Sector will be open within a couple of weeks (minus The Smiler of course). Then it doesn't really matter about Sub-Terra as no-one goes on it anyway!

EDIT:

Just seen that Nemesis started the day on one train yesterday and was only put on to two train operation once a substantal queue had formed. This does concern me as I have never seen Nemesis on one train in the main season, only at FHT. It is becoming apparent that Merlin are very wary of running multiple trains on coasters at present - understandable of course but they have to go on knowing all of their rides are safe.

Last edited:
Does anyone know quite what's happening with Sub Terra this season? I know Towers have said it's closed for 'Design changes' but does anyone know any more? I imagine they'd be making some alterations to the end section perhaps, so it makes a bit more sense to run it with no actors.

Does anyone know quite what's happening with Sub Terra this season? I know Towers have said it's closed for 'Design changes' but does anyone know any more? I imagine they'd be making some alterations to the end section perhaps, so it makes a bit more sense to run it with no actors.

Towers have stated on Twitter that they are introducing enhanced safety protocols to the ride but the design of it means they are taking longer than hoped to introduce. Seems like they were doing this regardless of what happened with The Smiler as Sub-Terra was already closed.

Yeah I'm betting on the final area having a bit of a change, since actors are no longer around they can make it a little bigger.

That's the problem at the moment; with X-Sector and Spinball closed until further notice, Sub-Terra down for an 'upgrade' and other coasters not operating on normal capacity; if a couple of other major rides go down because of standard technical issues there is a big impact on the rest of the park.

I can only assume they are waiting on some parts/hardware for Spinball as it is taking a long time to implement the extra safety levels. With any luck X-Sector will be open within a couple of weeks (minus The Smiler of course). Then it doesn't really matter about Sub-Terra as no-one goes on it anyway!

EDIT:

Just seen that Nemesis started the day on one train yesterday and was only put on to two train operation once a substantal queue had formed. This does concern me as I have never seen Nemesis on one train in the main season, only at FHT. It is becoming apparent that Merlin are very wary of running multiple trains on coasters at present - understandable of course but they have to go on knowing all of their rides are safe.

I have seen nemesis open on one train a couple of times this season, it's normally during ERT.

I've seen it open on one train on the last Saturday of Scarefest... Though in fairness it was first thing in the morning, while no one was in the area, and the second train was waiting to be signed off. The queue only started going up the steps!

I was very pleased with what I witnessed yesterday in regards to ride operations. After The Smiler incident I was worried about the possibility of changes to operations resulting in reduced throughputs - there had been reports of coasters not being dispatched until the previous train had come to a stop in the final breaks.

Thankfully this is not the case and operations were simply business as usual. Nemesis was having some outstanding dispatches! Not only that but Thirteen was back on three trains for the first time in quite a while. Air was running three trains also.

However, I really hope Towers are able to open Spinball and X-Sector (minus The Smiler) as soon as possible. It's hard to know exactly how busy the park was yesterday with people occupying a smaller area of the park than normal but queues were not bad at all and we got the whole park done with ease. This included a long 30-40 minute breakdown whilst we were on Rita's station. Sub-Terra being down at the same time is very unfortunate, and Ripsaw was down all day yesterday as well. We had a great time but the lack of rides to do did tell!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.