• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The Towers may aswell be shut permanently :(

Pretty disgraceful really. Needs looking into. It's one thing that one portion of the Towers (Small Library, Poets Bay etc) has been permanently shut off since the Sanctuary opened, but closing the rest of the house for a large proportion of the season isn't on to be honest.

English Heritage will be onto it at some point I would've thought. It annoys me that the only times it's open is when the weather isn't too good. It's annoying that you can't go up onto the roof over the summer. :/

^ Same here. Whenever I'm on park and keen to explore the Towers they're closed.

It's a shame really the Towers and the gardens aren't promoted as their own attractions.

Sad to hear about subterra, I really liked the ride as an experience but as im a porker and dont fancy the walk of shame ill be staying away :(

How restrictive are the restraints? Personally better for me as I did usually find it uncomfortable on this type of drop tower because I am really small.

I have never seen inside the towers, as every time i gone to look around its been closed

Same here it's quite irritating really. I get my hopes up then.. Nope :mad:
At least I've had a good look around the gardens on more than one occasion.

The frustrating thing about the towers, is that they seem to close earlier and earlier each year, then scarefest launches and it's the same as the year before! I don't think people would mind if loads of effort had gone in to new routes or a whole new maze, but it's always the same each year.

I'm hoping they open soon (if they haven't already).

Sad to hear about subterra, I really liked the ride as an experience but as im a porker and dont fancy the walk of shame ill be staying away :(

I found the restraints uncomfortable as they were, and I don't think I'll be going on again if they're restrictive now. I can't imagine it being too pleasant being jabbed in the back and not being able to move!! Why did they get rid of live actors? Was it because of that accident that girl had after being scared?

Accident? Are we talking a "code yellow" or a "code brown"?

Ha ha! I hope not. No in the last maze area an actor in a gas mask jumped out at her and I think she smacked the back of her head against the girl behind hers face.
I must say they've caught me out a couple of times cause gas masks freak me out :confused:

Ah makes sense. Wonder what other cuts they're planning on. Have they altered the maze section now then? Seems a bit pointless having it now that they're are no actors

It was kinda right for them to cut the actors out of Sub-Terra, it's a very very quiet attraction and already needs a large number of staff to operate it so a few actors cut is one of those things I think is OK.

The maze section is the same I think (haven't been on it myself since actors have been gone though).

Even though with no actors you lose something out the end of it, it is still a million times better than how it was when it opened, when you exited the lift into daylight...

The actors never made any sense anyway. The Phallanx should be helping you escape, not jumping out going "boo".

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.