• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
To be fair though, some of my friends have said they would go on the ride, but not for a few years. But generally, the gp do think that both the ride and the park is dangerous.

I was on park today, not even 13 or rita had a queue longer than 10 mins at any point of the day.

Nemesis going around with 4 people on it, air had a small wait but was only on 2 trains 1 station.

Im very suprised that the smiler effect is still ongoing, im feeling its the constant media barrarge people hate the thought of being stuck and the mirror rammed it home the other week.

I think it will take 2/3 years for the park to recover, major advertising even a fly on the wall documentary to restore trust in the park and brand of alton towers

Disappointing to see so few people attending towers on a Saturday... :(

I know the start of the holidays is often quiet but that's ridiculous! I was at Thorpe yesterday and Chessie today and they both had queues peaking at 45-60 - just showing that this really is restricted to Towers.

Are you actually being serious about nemesis only going round with 4 people. No offence, but I find that hard to believe. I know it quiet but...

My dad said as a joke, that I should go everyday of the holidays to show my support. If I could drive, I really would.

I know I sound a little paranoid, but I'm actually quite worried. I mean, first day of the holidays and the longest queue of the day was about 15 minutes.

Not surprising with the accident. Most families will avoid the park like the plague, and people who are already weary of ride safety won't be going either.
Alot of my friends said they won't be going back in a hurry. IMO they better hurry up with getting sw8 underway.

At around 4pm the place was empty, we only had to wait half the time as the air gates had been closed (seats empty)

I saw it go around 2 times with 4 people on the front/back

Longest wait i saw was sonic at 50 mins long/ this was at 11.27 am as i was in the box office and saw the time on the wall!

Twas the same Friday afternoon. Oblivion , nemesis, 13 and air I saw sending empty trains round as not enough people to ride them

Yea i think 13 was on 3 trains but constantly one was going around empty

Im not too sure if this counts as testing though but was happeing during the day. In the right hand side station at air the craft was in there ready to go but never moved

Not even a wait on rita 3 trains and you were on.

Ita great for me waiting but what about the casual staff and it actually feels strange not to have a park full

Are you actually being serious about nemesis only going round with 4 people.

I almost had a solo ride on Oblivion yesterday, but then a single rider came up and sat next to me. But it was just us two. This was at 12pm. :confused:

Good news if Th13teen is on three trains again though... One's been buggered half the year so far!

Also with Air, if it's a quiet day they'll run the ride on one station operation - which is why the other side will not have been used :)

Good news if Th13teen is on three trains again though... One's been buggered half the year so far!

Also with Air, if it's a quiet day they'll run the ride on one station operation - which is why the other side will not have been used :)
Yes thirteen was on three today went down to 2 at about 4.30pm but the train that was always empty was still on the circuit

I need to go NOW! My ride count for the whole year is about 20 :eek:

I don't see why they even have so many cars/trains going if there is so few people.

I don't see why they even have so many cars/trains going if there is so few people.
I would assume that the day was expected to be medium or large, hence 5 trains on Oblivion, 3 on Thirteen etc.

Ok, I understand now. Makes sense.

Everyone complains about the queues, but when there's no queue they start complaining about the safety of the park and don't go. Irony?

I went go karting yestarday, the place we went was packed. But the next day, Alton towers is dead because people don't think it's safe. If anyone who went with me is reading this, you will agree.

Today's ride counts were
10 On Nemesis
4 on Rita and Thirteen
2 on air
2 on Rapids
1 on Hex
1 flume
1 mine train
1 duel
1 sonic

I think they expected a busier day than it was just out of interest what numbers is a busy day/medium day and how many estimated on park today compared with the walk on times of the rides?

Just looked at the ride times. http://ridetimes.co.uk/
Walk on for nemesis, air, Rita, oblivion, the flume, sub terra, the rapids and RMT.

They need to push for scarefest more. And fireworks. I saw something for 30% of the hotel. Might use it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.