• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Half the Gardens are now taped off due to 'essential maintenance', which appears to be a significant amount of tree felling.

Was at the park today for my annual visit, it was so quiet. I'm past the phase of ride whoring as I did all of that in my teenage years but I do still enjoy going on Nemesis, Oblivion, Rita et al. but I also like just sitting in a bar with a pint or soaking up the atmosphere. The atmosphere felt very awkward and subdued and I didn't really enjoy it. I actually quite like a bit of a queue (obviously not a stupidly long queue) and watching the trains go round but there was none of that at all - mostly walk-ons. Longest queue was probably Air which was less than 10mins.

I hope that next season The Smiler is back open and it picks up as the park really was lacking atmosphere.

Hoping it will be as quiet tomorrow, even though it's a Saturday and will be busier. I know it sacrifices the atmosphere slightly but I don't mind too much.
Few questions though:
  1. What's the queues likely to be like tomorrow?
  2. What's rides are open in terms of long term breakdowns. sub terra, enterprise and ripsaw mainly.

Sonic had a fairly lengthy queue earlier this morning, but by the afternoon it was almost walk on. If queues are anything like they are today, well, I wouldn't even use the term 'queues'.

Ripsaw, Ents and even both the Dark Forest coasters were running fine today. Sub Terra was fortunately closed.

Ripsaw, Ents and even both the Dark Forest coasters were running fine today. Sub Terra was fortunately closed.
Thankyou. Enterprise has been closed every time I've been this year, an I know ripsaw has been closed a lot too. I don't care about Rita, but if it takes people away from 13 then it's ok. To be honest, I quite like sub terra, but I can live without it.

The queues on ridetimes.com looked slightly longer today, but then again I checked it about twice and it was probably not being updated on some rides

Yay more fences!

Taken from TS Facebook, a new fence that blocks the once nice views of the River Rapids and Mine Train:

11902335_916136798456765_8526043498850739538_n.jpg

11866229_916137915123320_7974175535827330406_n.jpg

All they need now is 8 "DANGER OF DEATH" signs placed along the fence and I think it would look complete yeah?

The thing I don't get about all these new fences is that they've all been installed after the Smiler incident, yet have absolutely nothing to do with what happened! I've never heard of anyone attempt to scale the fences beforehand, so why put them in now? I can somewhat understand it in ride areas like the Spinball queue, but the fence on the bridge above was more than adequate beforehand and fairly high as it was.

:mad:

Stops idiots taking photos of accidents. That's the only thong that can think of other then over the top safety.

Well i see its back to fences all around the ride with just a entrance hole in them.

They will have had a health and safety company come in to make sure they are not going to end up with any more issues from none ride related accidents, likely more changes to come, can't see the wonky floor in duel surviving this fun-cull

They will have had a health and safety company come in to make sure they are not going to end up with any more issues from none ride related accidents, likely more changes to come, can't see the wonky floor in duel surviving this fun-cull
This looks like its a job by the parks internal H&S team, who seem to have a thing for placing fences here, there and everywhere...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.