• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The fence on the rapids bridge is ridiculous.

Admittedly the bridge has been a bit of an odd one. Its fence was replaced this year I think but they put a silly ledge across the edge of the bridge. Surely anyone with sense could have seen that people may sit on it and place themselves in danger of falling onto RMT or Rapids...

What should have been done however was a themed solution. Be it rockwork surrounding the ledge or something wooden - it should be themed and look like it naturally occurs. Not this.

Awful.

I walked across a couple of bridges in London yesterday, and below them was a very choppy River Thames. If someone managed to fall over the bridge and into the water they would have been in trouble. So, how high were the sides of these bridge? 6ft, 7ft, 10ft?? Nope. Probably about 3 of 4ft. Heaven knows what Merlin's laywers and H&S team would think if they were ever to walk over one of these, they'd all die of heart attacks.

:)

It is strange, public highway. If they fall its there fault. Owned path, its are fault. Ladies and Gentlemen the suing culture.

I think if they had to do it, we all agree it should of been themed and done in a much better way than it has been.

I walked across a couple of bridges in London yesterday, and below them was a very choppy River Thames. If someone managed to fall over the bridge and into the water they would have been in trouble. So, how high were the sides of these bridge? 6ft, 7ft, 10ft?? Nope. Probably about 3 of 4ft. Heaven knows what Merlin's laywers and H&S team would think if they were ever to walk over one of these, they'd all die of heart attacks.
I think this does raise an important point. There are sometimes instances in a theme park whereby people assume they are safe, whatever they do because somehow it isn't the real world and the dangers are somehow not real.

If you fall in the Thames, or any other river - that's a real thing. If you fall into the rapids at Alton, that's not as dangerous because it's not real and is all make believe etc.

I would suggest people act differently in those two situations.

Same could be said that at a theme park you have to be harnessed up when walking along a walkway next to roller coaster track, but at a railway station there is nothing to stop you from falling onto the tracks.

Theme parks are completely different to the real world. Person injured in the real world - person's own fault, person injured at a theme park - theme parks fault for not having adequate safety precautions in place.

Unfortunately this results in rediculous fencing and more, but that's just because of the culture we live in now. :-(

Just noticed they keep the signs under the monorail station track.
ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME UNTIL SOMEONE THINKS JUMPING DOWN THE GAP IN THE STATION IS THE WAY TO AIR! SOMEONE GET THE MIRROR!

"Well, you know, I was just trying to do my best, trying to get from A to B, do a little shopping. I was trying to take control of my life, you know, only to find that it’s actually controlled for me by petty bureaucracy and bits of bloody paper – ignorant bloody petty rules and laws that just obstruct every tiny little action until you’ve committed a crime without even knowing it! I mean, you know, why can’t life just be made a little easier for everybody, eh? Why can’t it be more like the Continent, and then run down the street in front of charging bulls whilst letting fireworks off out of his bloody nostrils without anyone blinking an eye? Uh? Because it’s probably a local holiday and nobody’s at work because they all want to have just a little bit of fun and they’re not intimidated by some outdated work ethic. I mean, there has to be more to life than just being safe…"
Quote: E. Monsoon

Then they will probably start using the tv's in the queue lines to show first aid videos. Or make everyone pass an advanced first aid course before they are allowed to enter

If they want to team up with st john to show st johns basic first aid videos, im all for it.

The smiler's retheme:

St John: the ride

Not too sure that would work out, although they could keep the syringe pens in the shop

IQ test at the park gates? Might cause a bit of a backlog. Though for MAP holders I guess you'd only have to do it once.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.