• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Just seen ridetimes

Since when was "the chocolate factory" on there. Also, why is CatCF above the rapids when it has a bigger queue?

The other day it was in the middle between thrill and family but had a blank space. Then it's appeared on family but seems to stay at the top. It's probably been added as it seems to have had massive queues recently. I believe it's currently only on one lift so queues are worse than what the Smiler used to get

Really don't know how its so popular. The ride is mediocre at best. Weather its the throughput (which doesn't really seem that bad in comparison to some rides) or the fact that it leaches popularity from a well known book/author.

and its not like merlin to miss out on the opportunity to open a shop at the end and a green screen photo kiosk!

Because it's a family ride that all ages can go on. And even though it is crap I still think it's a bit of fun and go in there now and again.

Family oriented rides tend to always have the longest queues. Especially recently.

My brothers 11 and actually really likes it so I see what you mean. I find it disappointing, but I know what cardboard is and that they aren't just static props, THEY ARE ACTUALLY MEANT TO WORK.

I am aware of that but I usually just go in to get out of the rain if I'm in that area. That or hex.
I don't care for the boat ride I just like the lift bit, but it's about time they got rid of it. Not much they can do with cardboard cutouts..

This is getting off topic, but i think it will be rethemed soon. The ip lasts 10 years so i think (probably wrong though) that it ran out 2 years ago, in which case they got a 5 year extension on the ip, so that would be (inc this year) 3 more years

Really don't know how its so popular. The ride is mediocre at best. Weather its the throughput (which doesn't really seem that bad in comparison to some rides) or the fact that it leaches popularity from a well known book/author.

and its not like merlin to miss out on the opportunity to open a shop at the end and a green screen photo kiosk!

It isn't a Merlin built attraction, but I think when it DID open a lot of people questioned why there wasn't a shop at the exit, since they could've just had ALL of the chocolate...

There's no point in adding a shop on the end now really till the ride gets rethemed/replaced.

There were plans for a shop when the ride opened, strange those plans fell through though when they would have made money...

Can I just say noticing on my visit yesterday adding Oasis to the Pizza Pasta Buffet and some refill stations is the best move in years. :p Always wanted a refill drink that wasn't fizzy, and summer fruits is best flavour. Made up for the lack of the delicious potato salad in pizza pasta as per usual. The new managers special pizza was good but I had no idea what was in it and neither did the lovely staff. :p

AT tweeted this pic
COEBp5qVAAA3A8a.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/altontowers/status/639815277559984128/photo/1

Is there something our @Tom.B should be telling us?

What... In guessing its about end games, but what is the rest of it. I cant really read it, but i can make out the words "2 bottle caps each", "10/6 Chelsea s", "tom.B", "2 chips". All of which raise more questions than they answer (apart from "tom.B", that makes perfect sense!"

What... In guessing its about end games, but what is the rest of it. I cant really read it, but i can make out the words "2 bottle caps each", "10/6 Chelsea s", "tom.B", "2 chips". All of which raise more questions than they answer (apart from "tom.B", that makes perfect sense!"
In my defense, it says "Tom B" not "Tom.B" - which is not me!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.