• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I've just had a quick look at RideTimes and it certainly seems like the park is picking up again, which is great to see.

S0ej4rY.png

:)

It's not just Alton Towers that is getting worried about people on fences faling in water, Disneyland made changes to their drawbridge last year (http://www.mouseplanet.com/10810/Disneyland_Resort_Update) it can no longer be closed as there is now fixed fencing. There also used to be stone seating built into the alcoves, but due to the risk of a child climbing on the seat, then on the wall, then falling in the moat, that has also gone. BUT at least Disney theme the fence and make an appropriate height. The old fence near the rapids may have been too short and risked people sitting on it, but the new fence is too high.

^ If anyone cared enough about those things, they'd have an account on here and/or the forum that we do not speak of.

Also, you can't call Merlin ca$h hungry in the same paragraph where you complain about the new stuff. Those signs and fences ain't free! Also, to stretch this logic even further, if (the horrible money men blah blah blah) Merlin didn't think they were necessary, would they have put their hands in their pockets and paid for them?

It's not great considering its normally full of people from v festival this time of year
They are probably too wet, cold and mud covered to do a trip to AT. Some of the vehicles returned to shrewsbury hub show how bad it was at v fest.

I wouldn't say the park has picked up yet (if at at all ). Once we see major rides exceeding 45 minutes and all main coasters no less than 30 minutes for consecutive days then it's official busyness has picked up.

Ride times don't really matter right now. Scarefest and Fireworks will be the times to see whether things improve (I'm sure they will for Fireworks at least).

Hopefully people are holding off a visit until scarefest or fireworks and a few may be waiting for the smiler to open. I think that by next season it will be back to normal, or at least close.

also, a reason that's been overlooked is the weather. The weather this season hasn't been that good (i hardly go outside, don't hold me to this).

i think if scarefest is executed well, and if next years marketing of the FV development is good, then towers could quite easily be back to normal by next season.

This is the wrong thread, but blade will probably go the end of the season, possibly ripsaw too (if not then, the end of next year). Most likely enterprise will go after them. The flume won't go until they need the space. Same with spinball.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.