• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Of course at the beginning of the season around half of Towers Trading was Smiler merchandise so with that taken off the shelves and now Air merch being sold off I'm not surprised there isn't much left.

And yes the law states all shops with more than 250 employees have to charge for bags, and profits are expected (but don't have) to to charity.

Merlins Magic Wand is basically their own Make A Wish charity so isn't a bad cause.

Reactions: Tom
It's not just the lack of ride merch though... it's the lack of 'Alton Towers Resort' branded merch. I've never seen so little ATR merch around the park in all my years of visiting. Even without Air/The Smiler merch, the shops are usually brimming with generic merch with a whole variety of things you can buy.

Only took all year to get the mist working
9B03B104-7FBF-4829-ABBD-15E2EAC010A7_zpswxykt1vv.jpg

I always look around the shops wanting to buy some sort of tat, but never see anything which really takes my fancy, although the light up 13 pen nearly made its way home with me last time.

I'm curious - what would you guys want to see in a shop which would be a "must buy"....?

Edit - Just saw the mist working on Oblivion's hole. Wooohoooo!

The big six didn't run very long and the majority was over quiet parts of the season and plus it can only be used on a cold November Wednesday when everyone is working so it was hardly going to be heaving.

So! As everyone is leaving park what it happening... They are giving out Big 6 bands to everyone as a souvenir... Wtf ...
Why did you cut them off everyone this morning only to give them back !
Alton Towers mentality

So! As everyone is leaving park what it happening... They are giving out Big 6 bands to everyone as a souvenir... Wtf ...
Alton Towers mentality
I suppose it's so that once someone has collected the entrance ticket they don't give the band to someone else who can then go and collect another entrance ticket.

Alton Towers mentality

So that people didn't go in then come out with a stamp and give the bands to friends to get in for free.

Then the souvenirs is because they had loads left over.

But it has a thing. Once it's on the only way to get it off is with scissors.
So not transferable.
Maybe it was a H&S issue. You can't ride rides with a wrist band as it my chop you hand off

I would like to congratulate Towers on getting the Blivvy mist working today on one of the coldest days of the year.
Its been not working that long I had forgot what it was like dropping into it.
The hole tunnel filled with mist at about 4oC, enough to freeze your eyeballs out of you head.
hmmmm
Lets hope its still working next year when its warmer.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.