2015: General Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alastair, 2nd Jan 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollercoasters4Life

Rollercoasters4Life TowersStreet Member

Why when you have a breakdown do they now take your details? Me and the missus went on 1st November (last Scarefest day) and we got stuck on Spinball as our train got to the second mid course brakes before the third train had cleared the 3rd set of mid course brakes so the ride shut down and put the brakes on. Then everyone in the train was told to put their hands in the air so they could double check how many people were in the train. Then we waited for tech services to come and release each brake section starting from the back and moving through the course. Once we got off we were told to write down one persons name, full address and phone number and the other persons name only. We were then given priority passes to ride a 1.2m ride.

Usually on breakdowns they just let you off and give you a priority pass. Why have they begun to take personal details now? Part of the new procedures since the Smiler? What do they need them for? Can anyone shed any light?

2. bluesonichd

bluesonichd TowersStreet Member

So they can send you marketing bumf and sell your details on to make a bit of extra cash o_O

b2311e, Morgan Price and UserDeleted like this.
  3. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

I was evacuated from Oblivion a couple of months ago (using the harnesses) and I was given a priority pass and a free drink, plus they took my details. They said it's now policy as we had to be evacuated from the ride.

I presume that this is now normal procedure in light of the Smiler as well as people since trying to get a story out of every minor breakdown or minor bump.

When you sign the form, there is probably somewhere in the small print that have agreed not to contact the Mirror ;)

4. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    It will be a new procedure due to being evaced. There are quite a few new procedures I have noticed during breakdowns/evacs ever since the incident on The Smiler.

:)

5. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Just to note, I've moved a few posts from here to the Staff Redundancies thread just to keep discussion all in once place. Please continue all discussion over there, thanks!

:)

6. James

James TS Founding Member

Watching stuff like this makes me miss the ice shows. But moreso it makes me miss having an entertainments venue on park, somewhere you could go in and sit for 30 minutes and enjoy a show.

While we have pirates and CBeebies Land shows on park now. It's all outdoors and on a small scale (and aside from parts of the pirate show, it's all aimed at kids). Would be nice to see a large scale production show in a large venue make a return to the park one day. Something everyone can watch.

That's one problem I find with ents currently. They're stuck with street entertainment and small outdoor shows. It's better than nothing, but ents seems to be stuck in this bubble with no opportunity to grow outside of Fireworks and Scarefest in the park.

jon81uk, code-red, AT86 and 4 others like this.
  7. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

I really don't understand why The Big Fun Arena (or whatever) in CBeebiesLand isn't inside a tent. They could have replaced the old tent with something brighter and had a similar sized venue to the current one but under cover in case of wet weather.

James likes this.
  8. James

James TS Founding Member

I agree although it wouldn't work with the current CBeebies Land shows. They could have done a show with a mix of characters instead in a big top, maybe something like 'An Adventure Around CBeebies Land' could have worked.

I guess it was easier and far cheaper to just scrap the big top and create a smaller scale area.

It's a shame we lost the big top for what's there now. With that gone and the theatre in Cloud Cuckoo Land as a 4D cinema, Towers have lost all venues that could have been used for live indoor shows (unless the 4D cinema is scrapped one day). It's frustrating as there's a lot of talent and creative minds in the ents department, and I'd love to see them give a large scale show a go (something on the scale of the old ice shows).

9. josht

josht TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    bandit (movie park)
    [​IMG]
    First things first merry Christmas season
    [​IMG]
    Also I think it's the air restaurant site base thing [​IMG][​IMG]

10. phildenholm

phildenholm TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Oblivion
    That's a fairly decent sized compound, I live on a building site and their compound is about a third the size of that

11. Andrew

Andrew TS Contributor

I'd presume some of the theming elements are being stored inside the compound so they either don't get damaged or people don't see what they are

12. djtruefitt

djtruefitt TS Site Team Team Member

That car park also needs re painting!

13. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    Totally read that in Amanda Thompson's voice.

b2311e, D4n and Rob like this.
  14. James

James TS Founding Member

Those curtains need cleaning!

15. josht

josht TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    bandit (movie park)
    [​IMG]
    Christmas event is open didn't even know so will just go and do spinball and Charlie

phildenholm likes this.
  16. Scott

Scott Former TS Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Looks packed ;)

Nice that the fireworks lights at the end of Towers Street have been kept up for Christmas though.

phildenholm and josht like this.
  17. Burbs

Burbs TowersStreet Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    Looks magical.

18. bluesonichd

bluesonichd TowersStreet Member

are you quite mad! its freezing!

19. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

I've seen more people in a telephone box :p

DiogoJ42 likes this.
  20. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    Wow. The organisers of Winter Wonderland must be quaking in their boots.

b2311e likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.