• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If you run (and fill) two trains, a queue up the baggage hold would disappear very quickly to nothing, it makes sense to retain some queue so you have a constant flow of people filling the trains.

It's usually against procedure to run a non-servicable train, even if it's empty, for obvious reasons.

They often run empty trains for testing purposes or to run in new wheels/ bearings.

There could have been a fault with the other train and were running it for testing purposes? :)

Towers have no reason to inflate queues (I'll wait for someone cynical to mention Fastrack) and especially not when the park is so quiet of late.
It's happened on two of my visits, so I think it is queue inflation.

Took a few photos today at Alton Towers after being invited to an event there this evening. Found this - Does anyone know if these blueprints are actually available in full anywhere for me to look at?!

Also, managed to do Rita 13 times in an hour of extra riding after park close! There were four of us, going around and around, without queueing. Chuffed to pieces!

11053628_151965398477462_7987473189877923595_o.jpg

Took a few photos today at Alton Towers after being invited to an event there this evening. Found this - Does anyone know if these blueprints are actually available in full anywhere for me to look at?!

Also, managed to do Rita 13 times in an hour of extra riding after park close! There were four of us, going around and around, without queueing. Chuffed to pieces!

11053628_151965398477462_7987473189877923595_o.jpg

It looks like a stylised reproduction of the blueprints they have stored in the archives. Not sure if I got any pictures of it when we went in 2011 but I will have a look.

Reactions: T
On Friday oblivion has four trains on, but two were empty and the other two were only having the front row filled. Granted the queue line was probably only five minutes if that, but I have never seen them do that. I would rather they just sent more empty trains and filled both rows.

Also it's rather strange that Rita has been so quiet this summer, I don't think it's even been in the extensions at all.

Let's hope it picks up for Halloween and fireworks.

On Friday oblivion has four trains on, but two were empty and the other two were only having the front row filled. Granted the queue line was probably only five minutes if that, but I have never seen them do that. I would rather they just sent more empty trains and filled both rows.

Also it's rather strange that Rita has been so quiet this summer, I don't think it's even been in the extensions at all.

Let's hope it picks up for Halloween and fireworks.
On Friday I was nearly ready to walk out of Blivvy queue because of it... just load the trains n stop faffing

The oblivion queue wasn't too bad yesterday, spent longer waiting to get off it in the brake run.

the staff yesterday were probably the best I've ever experienced, especially around the hotels.

Not to hijack this thread, but to put the 4:30pm closes into perspective: Disneyland California is this Thursday open 9am-5pm. And this is Disneyland we're talking about! ;)

Doesn't really put in perspective as that's Disney Lands hours for just one day due to a private event that evening, apart from the few nights with Halloween parties Disney Land has the best opening hours of most parks around the world. when I am there this oct the park is open 8am until 12am on a lot of the days, with the slower midweek days having a 11pm close. plus many days the park opens at 7am for magic mourning early entry.

Hi all I'm new here just came across a couple of old Alton Towers glasses and been looking them up online but can't find any others like these anywhere. But I don't seem to be able to post photos of them here.

The TPMDB is woefully out of date these days. I and others need to get our arses in gear and upload our newest mugs.

No they don't match any on there they are both pint glasses but one has a handle one says I conquered the log flume with a colour picture and other I think says I navigated the grand canyon again with picture. Both also say alton towers under pic. I would post pictures but can't figure out how to.

Yeah, I know the ones you're on about. They're the older style slightly curved glasses right? Not like the straight Stella ones you get in pubs nowadays. They're 1980s ones. I do collect these so would make an offer if you wanted to sell. In the interest of fairness though, I should say you will probably get top price on Ebay. You may be looking at £10+ each on Ebay as an average (quite easily). If it's silly season you could get a fair bit more. Feel free to PM me if you like. Basically, don't sell them to someone for a fiver because they'll be ripping you off :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.