• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure

Looks like a little food and drinks outlet being built part way round the queue, seems like they are predicting long queues

Towers have added some new images on Facebook showing some theming being added, and also the design on the interior of the train:

10649586_10153044407411201_4462220712176268242_n.jpg

11046384_10153044407391201_3982339154569489328_n.jpg

11046481_10153044407416201_7485464002565107627_n.jpg

There is also a video from The Sentinel showing some of the theming:

:)

i really don't like much about this coaster, the actual track is too short, and the actual theming is a few plastic marine animals and a sticker dashboard.

i really don't like much about this coaster, the actual track is too short, and the actual theming is a few plastic marine animals and a sticker dashboard.

Its average size for this sort of coaster and the theming isn't finished. Not saying it will be amazing or anything but the "plastic animals" look good and fit with the IP.

Will be interesting to see how the ride looks once complete

That's partly my point, this ride looks distinctly 'average'. The only reason the characters look like a good fit is because they look somewhat similar to what you would get from the show, that a certainly nothing special. There is no real sense of entering a underwater adventure of any kind, in fact there is no water.

It would have been good to see some animatronics, water elements. It would have been great to see actual on ride screens instead of stickers, with on board video explaining the mission. Just seems they have settled for the minimum which is a shame.

That's partly my point, this ride looks distinctly 'average'. The only reason the characters look like a good fit is because they look somewhat similar to what you would get from the show, that a certainly nothing special. There is no real sense of entering a underwater adventure of any kind, in fact there is no water.

It would have been good to see some animatronics, water elements. It would have been great to see actual on ride screens instead of stickers, with on board video explaining the mission. Just seems they have settled for the minimum which is a shame.

That's quite an assessment of the theme from one 10 second video. I have given up hoping for amazing things from Towers but I'm going to at least wait for the finished artical before assessing it.

Also Towers have never made out that this is anything other than a small investment. The big money this season is in the holiday village.

That's quite an assessment of the theme from one 10 second video. I have given up hoping for amazing things from Towers but I'm going to at least wait for the finished artical before assessing it.

Also Towers have never made out that this is anything other than a small investment. The big money this season is in the holiday village.

It just everything combined. There is no real intention to really create an experience. The level of theming you can see is static plastic, the ride building is small and will no doubt have little inside, and the photo shop is a glorified B& Q shed.

I was very much hoping it would be of the standard of Postman Pat, which you could see relatively early they had put at least some effort into making it into an experience.

And as Alton have said many times on Facebook, the budget for the resorts and themepark are two separate things,(which is hard to believe) so really they could have done just a little more to make this a very good children's coaster rather than 'average'.

It just everything combined. There is no real intention to really create an experience. The level of theming you can see is static plastic, the ride building is small and will no doubt have little inside, and the photo shop is a glorified B& Q shed.

I was very much hoping it would be of the standard of Postman Pat, which you could see relatively early they had put at least some effort into making it into an experience.

And as Alton have said many times on Facebook, the budget for the resorts and themepark are two separate things,(which is hard to believe) so really they could have done just a little more to make this a very good children's coaster rather than 'average'.

The budgets are not completely separate but even so Towers hadn't had a "small" budget season in 4 years. When you compare to other UK parks that's not exactly bad.

There has been one theming element added so Im not going to assume the scale of the theme yet (though my expectations are not high)

This seems no lower in quality that Postman Pat, baring in mind Pat mostly used existing buildings and the theming is static plastic.

The budgets are not completely separate but even so Towers hadn't had a "small" budget season in 4 years. When you compare to other UK parks that's not exactly bad.

There has been one theming element added so Im not going to assume the scale of the theme yet (though my expectations are not high)

This seems no lower in quality that Postman Pat, baring in mind Pat mostly used existing buildings and the theming is static plastic.

There are a few theming elements, the Whale, a couple of the characters, and you can see a couple of plastic plants.

And with Pat, the actual theming although basic, involved a lot of interaction, and generally looked more impressive, probably due to the landscaping. And weren't most of the buildings new, if not very heavily modified.

Non of the buildings where new, they where considerable modified. It's still a flat ride going past flat static plastic theming. I find that ok (not amazing) theming, I expect the same with Octonauts.

The fact this single piece of theming has had some soul marketing focus seems, to me at least, to show that there will be little more theming to come.

This just seems to be a short but OK ride, with OK theming and generally meeting the minimum requirements to please kids and families, with the experience as a whole being OK.

Not really what I would expect from Towers, although I guess that's how things are with Merlin at the helm.