• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure

Jungle Coaster went to Florida, didn't it? It certainly looks like a park model Mack mouse, anyway. No idea what the other one is though. I'd guess probably something at one of the Legoblands outside the UK.

Yet another example of false advertising from Merlin?

The coaster at 18 seconds looks like Drachenjagd at Legoland Deustchland

lcg0g0043av06ic00322l4.jpg

Of course that Lego knight in the front is not there, but this picture was taken over 10 years and could have been removed. Although I wouldn't know since I haven't visited.

Troublesome Trucks has surely got to be the minimum level of investment for a park like Towers.

It's absolutely shameful if not, you can definitely compare Thomas Land to CBeebies directly at that point.

I'd love the same model as Troublesome Trucks, it's a great ride, but I doubt they'll get the same as a park up the road. In terms of theming, agreed, it's what they should at least be equalling.

I think that second coaster in that video is one of them (Zamperla?) wild mouse coasters, there's one at one of the Gullivers parks. Quite big for Zamperla, but smaller than the MS wild mice.

And whats so wrong with that lego kids coaster? Its just for kids ffs, it looks more than adequate.

Well that hasn't really enlightened us much, has it.

We've already seen pictures by our own members on location! :p

Isn't it usually travelling coasters that are built on a pad like?

Permanent coaters obv have footers etc.

The other picture shows it's rather an odd shape... every so slightly phallic in nature!

It is strange how it's so symmetrical, I wonder if there's a chance they might put this indoors... it would explain the no footers, and symmetrical footprint?

The right hand side if you look on the other photo does lend itself to a Helix, with the first cut out, going left, allowing room for a moderate climb and turn, drop, bank and into the helix.

And the footprint of the aforementioned coaster would appear to remarkably fit into it...

2m89m5k0g0043auo6ie001.jpg

(Credit RCDB)

In fact, those supports look rather a lot like those "PIPES" in the picture above from t'other place don't they?!

I'm sorry, I have to double post with the "Phallic footprint" photo, I can't not!!

20150105_img_5654_hursty.jpg

It would be rude not to! :D

It's an oddly shaped pad although it's such a small pad I think if it was the base of a building you would fit nothing inside it... I'm pretty certain it's a kids coaster. There have been rumours for the past year and a lot of people in the know have heavily suggested it's a coaster.

You can see how this will link to the existing area. The side of the show area is so close! I think it will be a coaster, but a more permanent cafe would also make sense with its close proximity to the show area. I can only assume its going to be a small kids coaster. Nothing major, hence no publicity.

EDIT: I thought has much, the layout looked a lot like the Beastie..... because it is!
WVvdkCD.jpg

This image was taken early 2013 and notice the concrete base. Its exactly the same!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim
As much as I like Alton Towers, for there to be not one single kiddie coaster is incredible. For a park as large as Alton Towers, there should be at least two kiddie coasters, maybe even three.. At least !!! People on here moan about Flamingoland and the amount / quality of rides but hell they cater for their market well. Lots of kiddie coasters which the kids love. I will re-iterate it, for Alton Towers in 2014 to have no kiddie coaster is a crime.

Obviously my opinion, but families are already separated at Alton, put another kiddie coaster in X-Sector along with a playground. Job done. A couple of family friendly rides in Forbidden Sector... Job done..

Get families together.... Not that I have a family by the way, it will just work... ;)