• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure

I know it has been discussed partly in the 2015 General Discussion thread but it looks like we finally have a concrete (pun intended :p ) answer to the question stated in the title: yes!

10888359_805458349524611_8587709009018047869_n.jpg

1459333_805458462857933_4121821969293289345_n.jpg

10805670_805458779524568_455601564847184659_n.jpg

Photos from TowersStreet Facebook page

Clearly the base of the long rumoured kids coaster. Much needed I just hope it is a half decent coaster, although with a base like that it doesn't look likely.

:)

It would be very unfair before anything has been confirmed to be critical, but if that's the base, Postman Pat has a bigger footprint!

There's no excuse for go for some cheap tat. If this is one of those "investments" Merlin mention as a reason for hiking up prices, well....

Anyway, whilst we're probably all getting quite used to the outcomes now, I'll still wait until we have some track or something, it's been very quiet I'm surprised they didn't advertise it given their usual penchant for marketing.

Probably big enough for a Vekoma or Gerstlauer kids coaster. It's a tiny footprint, but it's replacing Beastie, that footprint still looks twice as big.

Reactions: Tom
Probably big enough for a Vekoma or Gerstlauer kids coaster. It's a tiny footprint, but it's replacing Beastie, that footprint still looks twice as big.

You're forgetting the ubiquitous cattlepen.

I reckon this will be a low-cost but moderately well themed kiddie coaster from Zamperla.

Obviously, Zamperla are seen as a bit of a joke amongst the enthusiast community so it will probably not go down well on here if it is them... but hey! It's for the littl'uns, right?

RCDB have also added the new coaster to their database.

I do find it odd that Tower's are not marketing it at all.

A really well themed kids coaster, and OK, you can get cheaper hardware but just make the ride itself immersive - if anything at that age it counts for more than as an adult in terms of general feeling of the participants.

Make it a little bit, dare I say, magical.

It wont though will it, and we all know it, it'll be plonked down with the minimum theme they can get away with for the BBC tie in.

They could spend a few quid, make it really about more than just another ride, add a couple of filler attractions, theme it extremely well (for not so much cash given the relative size of the attractions), and then market the heck out of it and pull in another huge set of crowds.

They may do that of course... I sincerely doubt it... but they MAY.

So RCDB refused to put The Smiler on the site even after footers had been poured and track was arriving but this has made its way on even before we know it's a coaster.

Of course I expect it will be the long rumoured Beastie replacement but who knows, we could yet be surprised.

My guess would be they are holding off the marketing until after half term. That way they can advertise that the whole of CBeebies land is open for half term rather than families expecting a new ride that isn't actually open.

My guess would be they are holding off the marketing until after half term. That way they can advertise that the whole of CBeebies land is open for half term rather than families expecting a new ride that isn't actually open.

That's a very good point.

Then start the advertising after everyone's been rather than people thinking, oh, I wont visit till it's all open.

That's a very good point.

Then start the advertising after everyone's been rather than people thinking, oh, I wont visit till it's all open.

But by selling come back next time for £15 tickets then it encourages a second visit from those who hadn't planned two trips.

I'd imagine that there will be on park advertisment of the new kids coaster during FHT. They wouldn't miss out on that would they!?

As for RCDB, god knows why they've added an only rumoured (but very likely) coaster yet they refused to add The Smiler when track was on site. They're clearly taking the piss with this quote:
RCDB said:
When compared to other roller coasters at Alton Towers, this one will set a new record length and be within 3 feet of setting a new record height.

I somehow can't see this coaster being built with a highest point of 454ft.

I somehow can't see this coaster being built with a highest point of 454ft.

I think they meant for Towers, and maybe based on height above ground level lol.

Hey they may surprise us you never know!!!!!!!!

(OK, you do know, as do I, I think)

Worlds first kids coaster that is actually a thrill coaster?

On average, how long do Kids coasters take to be built? I'd be very surprised if this thing opened in May at the latest unless it wouldn't take that long.

On average, how long do Kids coasters take to be built? I'd be very surprised if this thing opened in May at the latest unless it wouldn't take that long.

I think they'll get it up between FHT and opening with no problems at all. Shouldn't take long I wouldn't think.

Reactions: Ted
I think they meant for Towers, and maybe based on height above ground level lol.

Hey they may surprise us you never know!!!!!!!!

(OK, you do know, as do I, I think)

Well, Rita's the most exposed coaster at Towers at about 620ft above sea level, and added to that is the 70ft or so of its structural height. So about 690ft. The area where the Beastie used to be is about 610ft above sea level, so rcdb are presuming that it's going to be 80ft tall? Taller than the structure of Oblivion...

Well, Rita's the most exposed coaster at Towers at about 620ft above sea level, and added to that is the 70ft or so of its structural height. So about 690ft. The area where the Beastie used to be is about 610ft above sea level, so rcdb are presuming that it's going to be 80ft tall? Taller than the structure of Oblivion...

Unless they plan to save space by introducing a worlds first vertical cattle pen structure?

You have to buy a fast track to even figure out how to get up it!

weird-staircase.jpg

Each window is a shop selling sweets, fizzy drinks, and anything else to make your children ludicrously hyper, with one in every ten windows selling an "escape" ticket.