• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Tree Top Quest

There are buildings near ATH car park aren't there? Near the roundabout? I know one is a brick building, maybe there's a corrugated building hiding within those trees too.

I believe that this is where it's going, in the trees near the car parks.

This one you mean? Looks like a an old building with an "air vent" in the roof. And there are trees as well for the high ropes and close enough to the hotels.... especially Enchanted Forest. Never noticed the Helipad before!

altonHighRopes.jpg

This one you mean? Looks like a an old building with an "air vent" in the roof. And there are trees as well for the high ropes and close enough to the hotels.... especially Enchanted Forest. Never noticed the Helipad before!

altonHighRopes.jpg

Yep that's the area!

It seems like an ideal spot for a high ropes course. It's near ATH and the lodges, plus it would leave the field where the helicopter pad is empty as a potential extension to the Enchanted Village in future (or a third hotel).

The application has now been deemed invalid. Most likely due to missing information/forms or something that's incomplete. So nothing further from this for the time being until it's resubmitted.

Hope they actually plan to run this with decent hours, unlike Extraordinary Golf. If I was staying in the hotel, might be nice to do the high ropes course in the evening in the summer (when it is light until 9pm or later) after park close. But currently they close Extraordinary Golf half an hour after park close making it difficult to play in the evening. I know it can take 2hrs to play the golf and the same would go for high ropes course, but they could easily do an 8pm closing time for most of the year.

Somewhat amusing that the application is invalid. Wasn't there a similar incident sometime in the last few years where they didn't pay the correct/full fee? Hopefully they'll get it resubmitted this week so we can get to see the details sooner rather than later! :p

:)

Last edited:
£10 per child no doubt.
Well an ariel trekking course not far from me in Leicester (at the Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre) charge £7.50. This is the same price for a child or an adult, and with this being Towers, I don't think you'll be too far off.

Reactions: Tom
Well an ariel trekking course not far from me in Leicester (at the Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre) charge £7.50. This is the same price for a child or an adult, and with this being Towers, I don't think you'll be too far off.

After all, why when you're paying a fortune to stay in a "resort" would any of this be free?

I would HOPE if you are staying on park, like the water park, there would be a free go included. Particularly given the extortionate pricing they now have. And it is extortionate.

Maybe it will be a ticket to use. Hotel guest use it free with room key, anyone else has to buy a ticket.

I can't see it being free for anyone (except possibly those precious VIPs). Hotel guests don't get anything other than a room and breakfast these days.

The application form uploaded hasn't been filled in, that could well be why it's an invalid application. Please let it be, as that would be hilarious!

:)