• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Tree Top Quest

Looks like a nice little project. Looks like a cafe is planned on the site too so that's great to see!

The area it's in is suitable too. Still leaves that bit of field left for new accommodation in future.

That's a very interesting layout! I was expecting the standard wooden rectangle. With a bit of look, it will be using the trees as well, this could be very interesting!

This actually looks like a sound little investment. Clearly it couldn't go in the valley, because that's where the huge RMC planned for next year is going.

;)

Worth mentioning that the noise assessment document mentions that (if approved) this would be due to open in May 2015.

This looks very good! I imagine it won't take that long to build, a few foundations and that is about it. It would also make sense to have this open at a similar time to the lodges, other wise you will have another building site next to something that has just opened. You can also market it all together.

Also it's interesting to see it is getting a new cafe which will be nice in the summer with a drink and ice cream, and I suppose something for the parents to do while the kids play on the playground.

I hope the farmhouse is used, I don't see why they wouldn't use it as it would look a right mess as it currently is, we might be able to let Towers off for the new small lodge restaurant if this farm house is turned in to some kind of pub or something!

I hope the farmhouse is used, I don't see why they wouldn't use it as it would look a right mess as it currently is, we might be able to let Towers off for the new small lodge restaurant if this farm house is turned in to some kind of pub or something!

That house really does need to become a pub of some sort. Especially with the Enchanted Village right next to it, you can guarantee it would get used. Not only that, it would seem incredibly bizarre (although, sadly, not out of the question) for the rope course to go around an abandoned building. It would certainly kill the atmosphere somewhat.

In fact, having it as a pub where parents can relax and watch the kids on the course would be perfect. And it would be great in the summer nights too.

Absolutely fantastic. Hope it's open late! It's a great place to put it too, particularly if the resort side of Towers expands into that empty field by the Enchanted Village.

It'll be particularly cool for people to walk underneath when coming from that car park too.

Also hope we see a good use of the building - it's ideal for a little quiet pub/cafe/restaurant out of the way of the main resort bustle.

The farmhouse as a pub would be amazing <3 Even better if it stayed open till late at night. Wouldn't get hopes up on that idea just yet though since there's no indication of the building being used for that.

Looks good but tiny compared to Go Ape.

They need to charge as the capacity and throughput will mean not everyone in the hotel can do it.

Last edited:
Being honest (and harsh, as I always am lol)... I couldn't be less excited. Bland. Boring.

These things are everywhere now and it's not exactly the most creative design is it? That's not the Alton Towers way, they usually come up with something unique to make all their attractions really stand out. Even the Golf is a great example, although it's not the most fantastic, it's still better than about 90% of adventure golf courses in the UK. There's nothing particularly special about this high ropes course.

And of course there won't be perks for hotel guests. Remember once upon a time Cariba Creek was exclusive to hotel guests only and completely free. That went out of the window within a few years.

It'll probably meet it's fate the same way the dirt track racing and clay pigeon shooting went at the hotels years ago.

Being honest (and harsh, as I always am lol)... I couldn't be less excited. Bland. Boring.

These things are everywhere now and it's not exactly the most creative design is it? That's not the Alton Towers way, they usually come up with something unique to make all their attractions really stand out. Even the Golf is a great example, although it's not the most fantastic, it's still better than about 90% of adventure golf courses in the UK. There's nothing particularly special about this high ropes course.

And of course there won't be perks for hotel guests. Remember once upon a time Cariba Creek was exclusive to hotel guests only and completely free. That went out of the window within a few years.

It'll probably meet it's fate the same way the dirt track racing and clay pigeon shooting went at the hotels years ago.

I think that is being too harsh. Many do criticise Towers for not having enough non-theme park activites to do at the resort (although they actually have more than a lot of resorts, especially now with this) so this is a welcome addition. It might not the the most exciting thing in the world but I wouldn't call it boring or bland. These high ropes courses are very popular and great fun!

Fair enough if it's not your cup of tea, and I agree the design isn't the most creative (although I'm not sure what you could really do with something like this to make it more creative and still able to get planning permission). Out of interest, what would you suggest they were to add as an extra acitivity to the resort that would be of a similar price and take up a similar amount of a guest's time?

:)

I agree that it's bland and not the 'Alton Towers way'. Although it's something new and that's the main thing. Would have been nice to see something more although I think after 7 years of nothing happening on the resort side of things we're happy to see anything added on that side. :p

Reading through the application documents though they've chosen a very difficult site for this so it would have been impossible to create anything more.

Having a look at the application it seems the original plan was to have Nicklin's Farm (building in the middle of the site) as the cafe and main building. But due to the discovery of bats in the building they have chosen not to do this due to high costs (of moving/rehousing bats) and just have everything in a separate building. I think the bat document mentions though that keeping the bats in the building for the long term is not ideal, so maybe they will do something with it one day. Might look a little silly though having a closed building right bang in the middle of the course... will be interesting to see how this looks nonetheless.

Last edited:
If it turns out to have some theming round the course to match the lodges, then this will be a fine addition. If it's just plain ropes and planks, then that's a different story.

My feelings were initially positive about this, but then having thought about it, what would be he draw for this as an attraction? It doesn't really add much to the park other than 'something else to do' if guests are intending to stay on resort. It's certainly not going to draw people to stay at the resort, and it's not anything unique either. High ropes courses are the 'crazy golfs' of the current generation,

My feelings were initially positive about this, but then having thought about it, what would be he draw for this as an attraction? It doesn't really add much to the park other than 'something else to do' if guests are intending to stay on resort. It's certainly not going to draw people to stay at the resort, and it's not anything unique either. High ropes courses are the 'crazy golfs' of the current generation,

Does it have to draw people to the resort? That seems like a very Merlin-ish view to me. Simply adding something extra for people who are staying over is surely what we all want to see?

If it turns out to have some theming round the course to match the lodges, then this will be a fine addition. If it's just plain ropes and planks, then that's a different story.

The central tower appears to have the same witches hat style roof as the lodges.